Sony X900E clouding?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
So I got my Sony 55X900E about 2 weeks ago and while the picture is downright incredible I get and am getting clouding more and more. Perhaps something I did in the settings I can't figure out. Any ideas, or tips?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I think I fixed it actually, few settings were not right. Question though, Random noise reduction and digital noise reduction I have on "Auto", where do you typically set them?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I normally set anything along those lines of DNR to low or preferably off.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I normally set anything along those lines of DNR to low or preferably off.
Ok thanks, I'm gonna turn them to low and then off to see the difference.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

L

Lil klipsch

Junior Audioholic
I think I fixed it actually, few settings were not right. Question though, Random noise reduction and digital noise reduction I have on "Auto", where do you typically set them?
I'm noticing the same effect on my sony900e. Were you able to fix the problem of it clouding? If so how? Even though it rarely happens, its still annoying.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I'm noticing the same effect on my sony900e. Were you able to fix the problem of it clouding? If so how? Even though it rarely happens, its still annoying.
Well I don't know if it was clouding to be honest but it's at a minimum on my 900E. When watching HDR sometimes the screen would be overly bright too but just for a second or two as the camera would shift from a dark part to a bright part of the scene. I talked to a TV expert and he said it's normal for an LED to behave that way. They all behave that way.

L

Lil klipsch

Junior Audioholic
Does it look like there's too much light behind the face, halo effect is what I call it. It's rare but annoying. It's not existent in animation. I was hoping you had found a cure for this problem. I wonder if OLED TVS have this problem

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This is probably due to the back-light brightening and dimming when the picture changes.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
This is probably due to the back-light brightening and dimming when the picture changes.
Yes sir I believe so. I talked to an expert of sorts that tests all kinds of displays. He said it's normal for an LED/LCD to do this, he said they all behave this way. I just wanted piece of mind on what it was and I believe he is correct and you as you said are correct.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis