Which brand makes the best quality loudspeakers?

Who makes the best speakers

• Aperion Audio

Votes: 22 3.1%
  • Axiom Audio

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • B&W

Votes: 154 22.0%
  • Harman (JBL, Infinity, Revel)

Votes: 155 22.2%
  • Klipsch

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • Martin Logan

Votes: 59 8.4%
  • Paradigm

Votes: 79 11.3%
  • Polk

Votes: 40 5.7%
  • PSB

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • RBH Sound

Votes: 42 6.0%

• Total voters
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Here's one of my favorite youtubes for that lifelike involvement to give you the-I-almost-was-there experience :)

You guys still yakking with gzubeck? I've got him on ignore....
That was amazing. Great video. That's a 2 ball sport!
Yeah, gzubeck is playing puppet show.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
why carry-on at all...everyone should just stop posting videos period on YouTube concerning anything audio related...there is nothing more to be gleaned or learned or anything for that matter...you can just continue on proclaiming the infallibility of meat-puppet 1 and 2....for me to continue arguing something you would have to be open minded which you and your buddy here aren't...
I'm open minded, but there is a point where you do the research, which I have and every time I listen to speakers on Youtube dammit if they don't sound like whatever I'm playing them through.

I can agree that you can tell good quality audio from bad on Youtube, but refuse to say that a speaker can be accurately conveyed. Calling somebody a meat-puppet says more about your corrector than it does his, perhaps you could come up with some facts to back up your closed minded postings, that could be a good start.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
@Klipschhead, I don't know if your meat puppet 1 or 2, but maybe if you try some bass monster 2000 headphones, they'll sound right.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Whew, thanks pogre. That was close. I didn't mean to confuse anyone by spelling correctly.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
@Klipschhead, I don't know if your meat puppet 1 or 2, but maybe if you try some bass monster 2000 headphones, they'll sound right.
I do have an old pair of Sony headphones and they do push bass way too much so I'll take meat puppet one for 200 Alex. :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
http://www.xcite.com/#q=loudspeaker&idx=prod_kw_en_products&p=0&is_v=1

hey guys .. how do you like those speakers?

sorry guys.. I mean to put it in my thread but it doesn't hurt to get an pinion here first
I think the jbl arena series is a pretty good value. You might do better with some looking around, but I don't think you have the same resources available. If you're looking at jbl, I would hold out for the studio 5xx series. Lovinthehd has some, and likes them a lot.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I think the jbl arena series is a pretty good value. You might do better with some looking around, but I don't think you have the same resources available. If you're looking at jbl, I would hold out for the studio 5xx series. Lovinthehd has some, and likes them a lot.
sure appreciate it .. thanks buddy :)

B

BigGuyinATL

Audiophyte
Picked JBL/Harmon just because their best is among the best. M2 for instance
Their hi-fi consumer stuff is good.
their engineering and test is well equipped - Klipsch is excellent here as well.
And for a bang for the buck loudspeaker that can be driven by an iphone (LSR305) they hit it out of the park!
I would like to see Yamaha in there, Sony too. even Pioneer. The Japanese were off your list!

Aaron_Hunt

Aaron_Hunt

Enthusiast
I don't have to many options here, but maybe i should pick Klipsch as my main option. I got Klipsch RB 61 as a present from my girlfriend last month from seeing this review. Really love the sound, but sadly the base looks pretty weak and it also doesn't have hole for mounting it.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You guys are all wrong. The best speakers are......... All of the above and many more mentioned. :D

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
I am not sure if there is a clear winner here. There are so many speaker manufacturers out there and it is subjective to personal taste. Maybe most popular would be a better question.

T

Tankman

Audioholic
I am not sure if there is a clear winner here. There are so many speaker manufacturers out there and it is subjective to personal taste. Maybe most popular would be a better question.
Totally agree, currently I have Polk Audio, have had many other brand speakers in the past. Now if I could get my hands on 10 g's? Legacy speakers would be in my future. :cool:

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
Hi Guys :

What a loaded question. I guess I would say personal preference. There are a ton of loudspeakers. My speakers are not even on the list but I love them and settled on those after 10 or so upgrades over the years. I have Wilson Audio speakers and think I am all done upgrading for awhile.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Totally agree, currently I have Polk Audio, have had many other brand speakers in the past. Now if I could get my hands on 10 g's? Legacy speakers would be in my future. :cool:
Don’t know if I’d go for the ultra high end “hifi” speakers if I had money like that. Past a certain point, you get diminishing returns. I’d either go for a JBL synthesis setup or commercial cinema speakers, putting a good chunk of that money into the subs.

One of these would do nicely :D

N

Norm Lazure

Audioholic Intern
(Wilson Audio) They are pricey but if you buy them used 6 or 7 yrs old you can get a deal. They never seam to age. I have 2 JL Audio 10 inch subs and they have more than enough thump. They are so tight and clean. I have been building this home theater for a long time Just picked up a Sony 940E TV. And swapped out power amps.
If you spend $5000 on a used $20,000 speaker that's 8 years old. believe me there is a noticeable difference . I know 5 is a lot of money and it takes a long time to save. My wife and kids think that I am crazy but they enjoy my home theater and stereo music.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Norm, good point on the Wilson's, or for that matter most high end speakers. Regardless, there is 'no best' as we all know when it comes to speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis