Couple questions about Yamaha RX-A3060

Mitchibo

Mitchibo

Audioholic
I’d turn off all airplay/cast devices, unplug it as mentioned above, fac reset. Turn it on and use any “wired” source like CD player. If it is still FUBAR then it needs service.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I don't see why not.
I’d turn off all airplay/cast devices, unplug it as mentioned above, fac reset. Turn it on and use any “wired” source like CD player. If it is still FUBAR then it needs service.
I turned it on and nothing changed .. still some speakers won't work .. I will shut down all the other devices and check again

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
still some speakers won't work .. i forgot to mention that when i run tone test .. some speakers are louder than others.. but maybe because I couldn't run ypao before testing them

Mitchibo

Mitchibo

Audioholic
still some speakers won't work .. i forgot to mention that when i run tone test .. some speakers are louder than others.. but maybe because I couldn't run ypao before testing them
Did you unplug, wait a ten min, then reset?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep soft reset first as Mitchibo mentions, then hard reset (microprocessor/factory). Worth the time if it helps, otherwise you're just exhausting possibilities....

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Did you unplug, wait a ten min, then reset?
Yep soft reset first as Mitchibo mentions, then hard reset (microprocessor/factory). Worth the time if it helps, otherwise you're just exhausting possibilities....
I just did that .. still some speakers won't work (different speakers this time)
guess have to wait the technical guys see where the problem is

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Since a firmware update was involved I'm guessing more some sort of corruption in that sense than hard wiring....

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I just called the tech support .. they won't be here before saturday.. guess am out of luck for couple of days at least

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
with me no only with airplay.. but I have to check with the wife to confirm
Try listening to the radio- if that works and if the AVR is connected to WiFi, can you use an ethernet cable? Your signal strength may show that it's strong, but that doesn't mean you'll have any usable speed.

Also, if you're going to reset the AVR, save your configuration, so you can load it after.

Chromecast, Airplay and MusicCast, which I would use because it works very well as long as the network connection is good, ALL need an excellent signal. If the you, your phones/tablets/AVR are on one end of the house and the router is somewhere that isn't close or if the signal is blocked by the building or heavy objects like refrigerator/heating ducts/masonry, it will never work.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Try listening to the radio- if that works and if the AVR is connected to WiFi, can you use an ethernet cable? Your signal strength may show that it's strong, but that doesn't mean you'll have any usable speed.

Also, if you're going to reset the AVR, save your configuration, so you can load it after.

Chromecast, Airplay and MusicCast, which I would use because it works very well as long as the network connection is good, ALL need an excellent signal. If the you, your phones/tablets/AVR are on one end of the house and the router is somewhere that isn't close or if the signal is blocked by the building or heavy objects like refrigerator/heating ducts/masonry, it will never work.
It's connected to the network using cable .. I don't rely much on wi-fi
before I made the second reset I was able to play movies using plex on nvidia shield just fine.. now however I can't make all speaker to work on any type of input wether it is radio or airplay/chrome cast.. etc.. I think there is something physical wrong with the receiver and it need to be fixed

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
btw .. I disconnected the power amp and tried tone test with all speakers hooked to the avr (thinking maybe its the power amp what causing this issue) but the same result.. also I noticed difference in sound volume between speaker .. some are normal while others are either low or extremely high .. maybe its something to do with the volume it self??

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It's connected to the network using cable .. I don't rely much on wi-fi
before I made the second reset I was able to play movies using plex on nvidia shield just fine.. now however I can't make all speaker to work on any type of input wether it is radio or airplay/chrome cast.. etc.. I think there is something physical wrong with the receiver and it need to be fixed
Probably not physical.
The fact that Every channel works on occasion means all the amplifiers are working and all of the circuitry going to them so what you have is something randomly turning off channels which is more likely to be controlled by software than Hardware

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
View attachment 22932
regarding step 5.. should I sit and wait for the avr to start automatically or should I turn it on by my self??
On page 162, they also said:

Hold down MAIN ZONE power button on the front panel for more than 10 seconds to initialize and reboot the unit. (If the problem persists, disconnect the power cable from the AC wall outlet and plug it again).

This is in case the microcomputer is frozen, but it doesn't hurt to try it anyway.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Probably not physical.
The fact that Every channel works on occasion means all the amplifiers are working and all of the circuitry going to them so what you have is something randomly turning off channels which is more likely to be controlled by software than Hardware
I sure hope so .. it'll be easier to fix if it was software

Hold down MAIN ZONE power button on the front panel for more than 10 seconds to initialize and reboot the unit. (If the problem persists, disconnect the power cable from the AC wall outlet and plug it again).

This is in case the microcomputer is frozen, but it doesn't hurt to try it anyway.
I will give it a shot right now

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic

nope .. didn't work

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis