Sony Cores on sale for $75 at Best Buy, computer desktop speakers?

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
ive been looking at the klipsch r-14m that usually go on sale at frys for $99. also looking at the klipsch r-15ms but i dont see them on sale.

but i found these sonys on sale.

wondering which set for the price would you choose for a desktop setup? i didnt want to spend more than around $150 for computer desktop speakers.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
In my experience, some bookshelf speakers do not sound good at near-field listening distances. The sound just doesn't integrate for close distance listening. The Cores might fall into that category. My advice is to try them, and if they don't sound right, return them.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
In my experience, some bookshelf speakers do not sound good at near-field listening distances. The sound just doesn't integrate for close distance listening. The Cores might fall into that category. My advice is to try them, and if they don't sound right, return them.
Klipsch doesn’t sound good nearfield either, they need about 4’ of distance for proper integration and dispersion of the horn.

I’d look into something like jbl LSRs. They’re self powered too, meaning all you’d need is to hook them up into your pc sound card, and control the volume from windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
Lsr305 (red) for 80 a piece at Guitar center with Google Express.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis