Marcus Oakley's "Best Recommendation" Questions

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

can anybody tell me of a 4k recorder that can be connected to a sky q silver 2tb sky box that will allow me to record more sky content than just the 2tb limit and so i can record in 4k as well thanks

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
what is in peoples opinion the very best soundcard that i can use with the astro a50 7.1 gaming headset
for very best 7.1 sound effects thanks

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
what would be the very best sub to use with the yamaha ysp 207 soundbar to give it the very low impact for action films thanks

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Why not just use the sub that should have come or was suggested with that soundbar.
Otherwise, not sure how another sub can be connected.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
No need for a bump as you just posted it and we don't have traffic to have it go to the 2nd page. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Like all your other posts, the bestest/mostest/bestest sub is still shite for your posts...

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

can anybody please tell me if the yamaha ysp 207 can be used with Yamaha NS-SW100
sub if so would it be a better sub overall than the sub that comes with the soundbar

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
hi all
can anybody please tell me if the yamaha ysp 207 can be used with Yamaha NS-SW100
sub if so would it be a better sub overall than the sub that comes with the soundbar
Is this the OP that loves to ask "is this one the best?" or, "is that one the best?"
Is that this guy?

If that's the case, the answer is "yes, yes it is better".
Unless of course, its friday and a payday. Then the answer is "no, its not the best one".

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

is it possible that the samsung k950 can do 7.1.4 sound
using a additional 2 speakers i was reading on amazon that some guy said
Has anyone tried to (or can you) add additional speakers to this successfully? as an example, add Radiant 360 R1's to sides of room?

Answer:
The installation manual says it can connect up to a Samsung multi room audio system. It looks like you connect a wifi enabled device that controls some other speakers. If you can download the manual from Samsung site, it has some explanations.

can anybody please verify this is correct
if so what do i need to buy and what speakers would work very well with the soundbar thanks

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
This is a sound bar that will do 5.1.4 only in the manner this picture shows,

You can add wireless speakers compatible with Samsung app (like the Samsung Radiant 360) to steam in a different space, but not extend 5.1.4 to 7.1.4.

You can do better for $1200.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
you say you can do better for $1200 what in paticular thanks

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
you say you can do better for $1200 what in paticular thanks
Not get a sound bar at all. At least, not get a $1200 sound bar.

This will crush any sound bar based setup. Atmos using ceiling bounce speakers is brilliant marketing. It's no good for sounds. So, I've put together a vanilla 5.1 setup.

AV receiver -
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CRYWWFC

5 Speakers -
http://www.philharmonicaudio.com/aa.html

Subwoofer -
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0071UQ8FS

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

agarwalro i have decided to go with the setup you provided above denon s720ws
2 jbl studio 550p subs
4 dayton br-1 kit
pioneer mtm c22 centre speaker
and can you name me 2 ceiling speakers that would work very well for height effects please

or can anybody on the site recommend 2 ceiling atmos dts-x ceiling speakers please

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi
agarwalro
can you please recommend me the best 4-5 channel amplifier i can use with your above setup
so i can make the sysem 11.2
i will buy the in ceiling speakers you recommended i will buy 2 sets
thanks

or could anybody else recommend a cheap 4-5 way channel amplifier to use with above setup

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

i my other house that i have i have a set of rbh r55ti speakers r56ci centre speaker 2 r5bi extra rears and 4 mc-815 in ceiling speakers that will be connected to a denon s720w amp

my question is a friend is selling to polk rti a7 speakers dirt cheap

if i was to use the r55ti as fronts polk rti a7 as rears r56ci for centre and 2 hsu vtf 15h mk2 as sub
and 2 mc-815 as in ceiling speakers would they match if so would they be a good tonal match will they blend in seanessly with the rest of the package and compliment it well thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis