A soundbar with 2 subwoofers?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Found some live footage of the 9.2 sound bar taken back in jan, CES 2017 this year. Pretty sure the company demo-ed a prototype because the subwoofers in that video look smaller and different from the ones in the current product images. It is only detailed video I can find on the internet so far. The guy sounded quite amazed though. Thoughts?
If that is the best sound that guy has ever heard, he has not heard much. However the truth is he was probably paid well to spout that BS.

A puff like that would make me run fast away from anything like that.

I would expect a flash and smoke soon!

J

Justmy002

Enthusiast
Being a huge skeptic I have had a few email exchanges with Nakamichi about this new 9.2 bar. I somehow get the impression that they are indeed moving away from their low quality crap because of 2 observations:
1. They seem really confident about their 9.2 bar. The person I spoke to said that they will be doing a listening demo this coming CES 2018 at the Bellagio hotel, alongside the Creative Sonic Carrier (which costs 4x more) and the Sony HTST5000.

2. Their new 9.2 (MSRP $1499) and 7.2 (MSRP $1199) bars have big price jumps as compared to their products 2 years ago, where we couldn't really find anything above $150. While price does not indicate anything about their quality, it does seem to be a bold statement on the company's direction.

Well, we can speculate all we want but let's see. Looking forward to receiving my preordered 9.2 bar

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Being a huge skeptic I have had a few email exchanges with Nakamichi about this new 9.2 bar. I somehow get the impression that they are indeed moving away from their low quality crap because of 2 observations:
1. They seem really confident about their 9.2 bar. The person I spoke to said that they will be doing a listening demo this coming CES 2018 at the Bellagio hotel, alongside the Creative Sonic Carrier (which costs 4x more) and the Sony HTST5000.

2. Their new 9.2 (MSRP $1499) and 7.2 (MSRP $1199) bars have big price jumps as compared to their products 2 years ago, where we couldn't really find anything above $150. While price does not indicate anything about their quality, it does seem to be a bold statement on the company's direction.

Well, we can speculate all we want but let's see. Looking forward to receiving my preordered 9.2 bar
What are they asking for pre-orders??
As a hardcore skeptic, I'm curious whether the MSRP might be inflated so they can give an "incredible" deal to entice buyers.
I hope they have improved, but they dug a pretty deep hole with anyone paying attention!
I'm not a gambler, but appreciate those of you who are!
Please keep us in the loop!

J

Justmy002

Enthusiast
Just saw that Marshall Guthrie attended Nakamichi's demo during CES. The company did a blind comparison shoot-out between the Shockwafe 9.2 ($1099), Samsung HW-K950 ($1199) and Creative Sonic Carrier ($5799). The Nakamichi was the winner out of the 3 soundbars despite being the most affordable! I believe a review by Marshall should be coming up soon but here's his video:

As one of the first preorder customers of the 9.2, I must say that I totally agree with Marshall. Totally in love with the 2 subwoofers and 4 surround speakers. I'll share more details with my experience so far after using it for a couple of months so far...

mightymic

mightymic

Audiophyte
As for a happy 9.2 customer, my naka soundbar is performing beyond my expectation for a $1000 soundbar. While im not sure how does the Samsung and creative soundbar sound like but im believe naka soundbar is definitely good value with very very decent audio performance.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis