Connecting the Definitive Technologies Studio Monitor 65

D

dvcdank

Audiophyte
This is my first post in the forum.

I just recently purchased the SM 65s. I noticed that they have the biamp wiring option. I will not be using that method. Should I just be connecting this up to the top pair of red blacks in that case?

Also, what should I set these speakers to since they have the sub built into them? I have them set to large currently. Is that ok? I think my Def Tech Center cs8060 channel also has a sub.

Would that be connected another way since it has the sub input?

Thanks all.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I have SM 65 LCR myself, great speakers, great choice. If not biamping or bi-wiring you can connect speaker wire to either top or bottom. Keep the metal connector place. The SM 65 doesn't have a built in sub, powered sub. They have a passive radiator. If using a sub, set to small, if not using a sub, set them to large.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

D

dvcdank

Audiophyte
I have SM 65 LCR myself, great speakers, great choice. If not biamping or bi-wiring you can connect speaker wire to either top or bottom. Keep the metal connector place. The SM 65 doesn't have a built in sub, powered sub. They have a passive radiator. If using a sub, set to small, if not using a sub, set them to large.

I have the Deftech Super Cube 2 II connected to my receiver. Should I set them to small ?

Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That's a matter of debate as to whether the DT SCII is actually a sub :) I'd set your speakers to small if using it, tho.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I have the Deftech Super Cube 2 II connected to my receiver. Should I set them to small ?

Thanks
Yes, then set speakers to small. I crossover at 60Hz. The SM65s put out a good amount of bass.

D

dvcdank

Audiophyte
Ok yeah, my options for crossover is 50 or 80. I haven't been able to settle on one. Mostly 80 is what I run at. Thanks for your help everyone.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah with those options 80 is most likely best.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok yeah, my options for crossover is 50 or 80. I haven't been able to settle on one. Mostly 80 is what I run at. Thanks for your help everyone.
Why only 50 or 80? What avr do you have?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis