Denon X2300W AVR Review & Sound Test

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Intro:

Hi, my name is Sachin & I Purchased the Denon X2300W a few months back. The AVR was a replacement for my older Denon Reciever whose remote got damaged.

The Denon X2300W for me is a whole new level of experience because this one is loaded with features such as wifi & media player which I have it setup through WiFi.

Review:

Denon X2300W is a remarkable receiver for the price, although there are better models which provide more power or say juice to your speakers, this is considered low-mid range receiver for the 2016 models which one can get for a discounted price.

The receiver has tons of control options and performs well for both the Movies & Music when calibrated properly by Audyssey's inbuilt calibration tool.

The Denon X2300W is pretty good and has a sonic ability for the exciting & entertaining sound with of course punchy bass. The vocals are clear & if a person doesn't find it satisfactory, he/she has the option to change it to its own taste.

I have done a couple of sound tests which you can find on my blog. I will post one of the videos here:

Complete Review:

For a complete review, you can check out my blog by clicking on my signature below or by clicking this link: www.sachb.blogspot.com

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, you can get the X2300 brand new on Amazon for $393.

A friend of mine bought the X2300 because Fry's was out of the X4300 and X3300 at the time.

So I played around a little bit with the X2300 when I was at his house a few weeks ago. Actually, I'm going over to his house today.

But the Denon X2300 sounds very good with his Klipsch THX-certified speakers in his theater room.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Denon sounds good even on my budget speakers, but the thing is one setting doesn't work for all the sources, I have to keep changing the Audyssey settings on the Denon for my Taste.

I don't like the added bass when I turn on the Dynamic EQ, so I have to fiddle with it for every source that I have.

I prefer the Dynamic Volume because Mid range gets stronger, & it sounds more natural to me. It could be my speaker, those Bostons have their own limitations & most of the Compressed mp3 Files don't sound good on it.

Even the 320 KBPS bitrate of the mp3, is lacking in quality. This may be due to the fact that those A23 are sattelite, speakers with 3.5" drivers.

Someone suggested using an actual bookshelf speaker to do a Justice to the Denon X2300W.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Denon sounds good even on my budget speakers, but the thing is one setting doesn't work for all the sources, I have to keep changing the Audyssey settings on the Denon for my Taste.

I don't like the added bass when I turn on the Dynamic EQ, so I have to fiddle with it for every source that I have.

I prefer the Dynamic Volume because Mid range gets stronger, & it sounds more natural to me. It could be my speaker, those Bostons have their own limitations & most of the Compressed mp3 Files don't sound good on it.

Even the 320 KBPS bitrate of the mp3, is lacking in quality. This may be due to the fact that those A23 are sattelite, speakers with 3.5" drivers.

Someone suggested using an actual bookshelf speaker to do a Justice to the Denon X2300W.
I'd turn Dynamic Volume off personally, first thing I do after running Audyssey. Have you tried using the Reference Level Offset in conjunction with DynamicEQ? Have you tried the Restorer feature with mp3s?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah key thing is that Reference Level Offset because it controls the amount of Dynamic EQ.

I always turn Dynamic Volume to OFF because that seems to compress the sound.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I'd turn Dynamic Volume off personally, first thing I do after running Audyssey. Have you tried using the Reference Level Offset in conjunction with DynamicEQ? Have you tried the Restorer feature with mp3s?
I have tried both the Reference & the Flat settings on the Denon & for me, the reference settings just sound a bit Mono lacking in the treble, but Flat keeps the treble & music sounds much better with it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have tried both the Reference & the Flat settings on the Denon & for me, the reference settings just sound a bit Mono lacking in the treble, but Flat keeps the treble & music sounds much better with it.
Not reference/movie vs flat/music settings for overall Audyssey. DynamicEQ works in conjunction with the Reference Level Offset; 0 is the setting for movies, but you may want to use the 5, 10 or 15 offsets for various types of tv/music. https://audyssey.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212347383-Dynamic-EQ-and-Reference-Level

Reference/movie setting does roll off the highs a bit as you've noticed.

Might try Restorer just for mp3s, particularly lower bit rate mp3s.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis