Little help, please

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I don't know much about web maintenance, is it possible to leave the "edit" option for one post to last longer than others?

If this means hours of work, just say it's not possible. I'll understand.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I know exactly what you mean. I've wanted to go back and edit the first posts in a couple of my threads.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I don't know much about web maintenance, is it possible to leave the "edit" option for one post to last longer than others?

Sure let me search around the control panel and see if I can find and change it.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Sure let me search around the control panel and see if I can find and change it.
This is not clear enough.

Even if it's sarcasm it can mean both that you need me to point out which post I need to keep the edit option on so that you don't have to look for it AND that it is impossible to do such a thing all together.

But there's hardly the need for sarcasm at all since I said:

I don't know much about web maintenance
Together with:

So a simple "it's not possible" or "name the thread and the number of the post" would suffice.

Thank you anyway for your time.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This is not clear enough.

Even if it's sarcasm it can mean both that you need me to point out which post I need to keep the edit option on so that you don't have to look for it AND that it is impossible to do such a thing all together.

But there's hardly the need for sarcasm at all since I said:

Together with:

So a simple "it's not possible" or "name the thread and the number of the post" would suffice.

Thank you anyway for your time.
Sounds like you're overreacting....sounds like he needs to find if it is possible or not in the software settings....

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Sounds like you're overreacting....sounds like he needs to find if it is possible or not in the software settings....
Reading my own post again, I see what you mean. I have to start using more emoji's in my forum conversation.

Not only was it not OVERreacting, it was no reacting at all until I understand the true meaning.

What I meant was just what I wrote with no affectations whatsoever; a) I can't discern if it's sarcastic and b) if it is, what is it being sarcastic about?

Sorry to made it appear that way.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Reading my own post again, I see what you mean. I have to start using more emoji's in my forum conversation.

Not only was it not OVERreacting, it was no reacting at all until I understand the true meaning.

What I meant was just what I wrote with no affectations whatsoever; a) I can't discern if it's sarcastic and b) if it is, what is it being sarcastic about?

Sorry to made it appear that way.
I don't think emoji's are the issue, but reading comprehension....why would it be sarcastic?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
FWIW I didn't detect any sarcasm. I think he meant he was gonna check the control panel and see if it's even an option...

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Whatever, dude. Hope Gene can find the button so you can update your thread in any case....

:) You got me wrong, let me sum it up now. This is Gene:

This is you:
reading comprehension....why would it be sarcastic?

Then, this was me:
Right, just let me know if you need any other explanations.

And then this was you:
Whatever, dude.

Pay some closer attention:

Gene: Sure | let me search around the control panel | and see if I can | find and change it.

Kruno: Right, | just let me know | if you need any | other explanations.

Now, I'm not saying I'm right. This is just me explaining why I even doubted it could be sarcastic. :D You can always explain it, just change whose arse it is.

PLEASE, at least read this part: The ONLY reason for my second reply to you was to make a point. There was no ill intention or anger behind that whatsoever. FWIW, reading your comments around this forum site, I think highly of you. I was just hoping I'd get some of that back and you'd give me the benefit of the doubt the next time you decide to pull any sort of "reading impaired" argument.

THX

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis