Klipsch Center R-25C or RC-62II

B

Blueturtle

Enthusiast
Which one should I buy? Center R-25C or RC-62II? What is the difference?
I have the option to get one of these and can't decide....

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Which one should I buy? Center R-25C or RC-62II? What is the difference?
I have the option to get one of these and can't decide....
What are you using for fronts? The front three need to be from the same brand and same series if possible. That will give you a more cohesive sound-stage. How big is your room and more importantly how far is the sweet spot from your front-stage? A bit more info is needed first so that we can help you better. Any particular reason that you narrowed your search down to only these (2) that you specified above? :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

B

Blueturtle

Enthusiast
What are you using for fronts? The front three need to be from the same brand and same series if possible. That will give you a more cohesive sound-stage. How big is your room and more importantly how far is the sweet spot from your front-stage? A bit more info is needed first so that we can help you better. Any particular reason that you narrowed your search down to only these (2) that you specified above? :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
I have some very old front speakers that I like and probably won't find a center from the same brand or series. The room is not big (5X5 meters) and the sweet spot is 3.5 meters far from the TV.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have some very old front speakers that I like and probably won't find a center from the same brand or series. The room is not big (5X5 meters) and the sweet spot is 3.5 meters far from the TV.
You might be able to find something close to a timbre match, but we need to know what speakers your working with.

B

Blueturtle

Enthusiast
I have Dome speakers 52cm height.
Impedance: 8 ohm
RMS: 15W-150W
Frequency Response: 50Hz-20000Hz
Sensitivity: 88db+-2db

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have Dome speakers 52cm height.
Impedance: 8 ohm
RMS: 15W-150W
Frequency Response: 50Hz-20000Hz
Sensitivity: 88db+-2db
Brand? You don't seem to want to say? If we can get a brand and series we could help a lot better.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Are these the speakers you have? A quick search brought those up along with ceiling speakers.

*Edit: I edited in the link.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I do not recognize those at all. Maybe someone else will recognize them. They have almost a pro look to them, but I'm pretty sure they're for home use. Any center channel you get will pretty much be a crap shoot as to whether it'll timbre match with those speakers. If we don't figure out a center channel I think I'd just go phantom mode.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
no :-( I've attached picture of the speaker.
Blue, I do not recognize these either. As such, it is going to be very difficult recommending a center. It will be a crap-shoot at best. Who knows, you might get lucky. Maybe buy one of the Klipsch's you mentioned above and return it if things just do not gel. Just makes sure where you buy allows for returns within so many days. I own a R-25C and never even opened it......LOL!!!! Best of luck to you and your search.

Cheers,

Phil

B

Blueturtle

Enthusiast
:) I've decided to keep the RC-62II and to replace my front speakers. Should I go with the RF-82ii or RB-61/81 and sub?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
:) I've decided to keep the RC-62II and to replace my front speakers. Should I go with the RF-82ii or RB-61/81 and sub?
Good, when I saw your Dome speakers I was thinking the centers you were looking at are likely to far surpass the mains!
Personally, I would go with the RB-61. And put the savings into a good sub. But that does depend on the pricing you are getting and whether you want LFE for HT.
Since this series of speakers has been discontinued, pricing is a wildcard. The discount you are getting on the 82's vs the 61's may not support my suggesting to save money buying the 61.

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
Personally I like the added efficiency of the towers, but I'd have a sub either way. That said, the bass from the RF-82II is pretty stout on it's own.

B

Blueturtle

Enthusiast
Yesterday. I went to the store and listened to some speakers (RF-82ii, R-26, RP-250, RP-260, RP-160)... I was blown away by the RP series and was very disappointed with the RF-82ii I had a lot of expectations.

So now, I'm thinking about the RP-160 with dub or RP-250 and later on to may be add small sub. either way it would probably be 10" max sub. or just to go with the R-26.

What would you recommend and does the RC-62 work fine with the RP series?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Yesterday. I went to the store and listened to some speakers (RF-82ii, R-26, RP-250, RP-260, RP-160)... I was blown away by the RP series and was very disappointed with the RF-82ii I had a lot of expectations.

So now, I'm thinking about the RP-160 with dub or RP-250 and later on to may be add small sub. either way it would probably be 10" max sub. or just to go with the R-26.

What would you recommend and does the RC-62 work fine with the RP series?
What didn't you like about the 82's? Were they all in the same room? Was the volume level matched (louder speakers will always sound better!)?

Normally, I would say that the RC-62 would be very close to the RP series, but if you experienced a big difference between the RF-82 and RP series, I would expect the same with the RC-62.

B

Blueturtle

Enthusiast
Eventually I bought the RP-260, hope it will work well with my RC-62... later I'll probably add sub.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis