Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Amazon is offering me a special deal on a pair them for $269.99 (reg-$499.99).
91Jq911RkYL._SL1500_.jpg
91S8zAclMUL._SL1500_.jpg
Seems like pretty legit good deal. If I were looking for some desktop speakers are these pretty good? I have 11 hours to make up my mind. I'm not a big Klipsch guy and don't have a lot of experience with them, but I've seen some positive things about these speakers... I think, lol.

*Edit: They're new also. Not refurb.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I would pass. Not saying they aren't good speakers, but there are other considerations for a desktop system. Are you looking for desktop speakers?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I would pass. Not saying they aren't good speakers, but there are other considerations for a desktop system. Are you looking for desktop speakers?
Eventually I'm going to have a computer and desk set up in my den when I get going with this home inspection thing (classes start Sept 18). So I'm not in a hurry, but I know I'm not gonna want a pair of cheap plastic Logitech speakers.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Amazon is offering me a special deal on a pair them for $269.99 (reg-$499.99).View attachment 21905 View attachment 21907 Seems like pretty legit good deal. If I were looking for some desktop speakers are these pretty good? I have 11 hours to make up my mind. I'm not a big Klipsch guy and don't have a lot of experience with them, but I've seen some positive things about these speakers... I think, lol.

*Edit: They're new also. Not refurb.
Yesterdays' Gold Box deal.

A lot of people love Klipsch but I find most of their more affordable speakers to be too bright and fatiguing for my ears. If you like the Klipsch sound they might be okay for a small room as long as you can maintain 12-24" of open space behind them for the rear mounted bass port. JBL's LSR305 studio monitor would be worth well a listen but have the same rear located port issue and use XLR or TRS balanced inputs. I've been looking for a place around here to listen to Presonus's Eris E5 but without much luck. I like that they are front ported and use RCA jacks for inputs (big pluses for desktop speakers) but they are probably way overkill for my intended use. I haven't heard them yet but see if you can find them at your local musical instrument shop and audition them.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis