S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
IMG_4255.JPG
IMG_4256.JPG
IMG_4257.JPG
IMG_4258.JPG

Finally got these in today. The task of mounting them have begun!! One man army for this task. Will upload pics when done

Syberman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Wow awesome, enjoy! Please let us know how it sounds when it's all up and running and you've had time to evaluate.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Did they show up on a pallet? Mine did. Having fun unboxing the towers? They're 75 lbs apiece. It's actually not that bad. Most of the box and packing materials come off with them standing. Cleanup kinda sucked. I saved the boxes. You never know if you might need to move them to another location.

S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
Thanks Hetfield, I'm going to enjoy them!! Pogre, yes they came in a pallet and I had such a great time moving in the towers, lol!

S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
IMG_4262.JPG

At least 2 surrounds are up!!!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
There is nothing better than being new audio equipment, speakers in particular. It's Christmas every time!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
There is nothing better than being new audio equipment, speakers in particular. It's Christmas every time!

I like being a receiver better, but being a speaker ain't too bad.

S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
Well, all 4 surrounds are up and I was tempted to start wiring all of them. It was too late so I'll leave that for after work project today.
I'll upload a pic in a bit.

Syberman

S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
Well, all 4 surrounds are up and I was tempted to start wiring all of them. It was too late so I'll leave that for after work project today.
I'll upload a pic in a bit.

Syberman

IMG_4259.JPG
IMG_4260.JPG
IMG_4263.JPG

Here are the pics, none of the speakers have wire going into the receiver, tonight's job.

When I took these pics, I felt a sense of accomplishment and I couldn't have done it alone. I give a HUGE thanks to Ed from SVS. He was calm and patient walking me step by step in mounting the ceiling mounts to the surrounds. I can't thank him enough.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone here that has helped me make my decision and recommended me on certain products, thank you.

Syberman

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Congrats Syber!

Looks awesome...Christmas in July!

Looking forward to hearing your feedback once everything is connected.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Those ceiling brackets look like they were the right choice for those surround speakers. Did you run into any problems installing them? Or was it straight forward?

I think it was a smart move to call it a day after getting things unpacked and hung. Wiring all those speakers and setting up the receiver are jobs better done with a clear head.

Those speakers look great. Thanks for the photos.

S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
Congrats Syber!

Looks awesome...Christmas in July!

Looking forward to hearing your feedback once everything is connected.
Thanks 2channel, can't wait to go home and hook everything up!!

Syberman

S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
Those ceiling brackets look like they were the right choice for those surround speakers. Did you run into any problems installing them? Or was it straight forward?

I think it was a smart move to call it a day after getting things unpacked and hung. Wiring all those speakers and setting up the receiver are jobs better done with a clear head.

Those speakers look great. Thanks for the photos.
Hey Swerd, the ceiling brackets were the exact choice. They are strong and sturdy. Again, Ed from SVS guided me step by step on modifying.

I had to drill 3 holes in the back of the surround. Then used the screws that came with the mount. I was skeptical on drilling anything on the speaker, they are beautiful and I didn't want to ruin them. But everything came out just nicely!!

My wife actually convinced me to call it a day. If not, I would have been done with everything around 3 or 4am this morning. Glad I listened to her, lol!!

Syberman

S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
I'm surprised a sick day wasn't put to use! Amazing restraint syber. ;)
Lol, trust me the thought crossed my mind several times NINaudio!! I'm actually contemplating leaving the office early this afternoon, barring no sudden issues arise.

Syberman

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Lol, trust me the thought crossed my mind several times NINaudio!! I'm actually contemplating leaving the office early this afternoon, barring no sudden issues arise.

Syberman

Yeah I would have taken the day off. I'm thinking of doing that one in a while going forward. A "Home theater" day every few months. I like that idea

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Everything is looking great! Those mounts are working out very nicely for you. I agree with the others. It's good you called it a night and are tackling the wiring today. You'll have a fresh head and something to look forward to after work (I love doing that stuff).

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I doubt I would have had the self restraint, I'd be home tinkering away right now if I were you. lol

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis