Audiophyte
Over the past year I have acquired the following awesome pieces:
AG-H550
T-H500
R-H500
DV-H550
RW-H500
PD-H570
Along with teh RC711, RC821, and RC823 remotes.

QUESTION PLEASE:
I am having a hard time getting a great condition MD-H500 Mini-disc component. I know its one the rarest 500 components, especially in the US. I have bought other pieces from Europe and have a voltage/plug converter set-up which is not a problem. I loved MD back in the day but stupidly sold all my old equipment.

Now I'm back.....so what is the major difference between the MD-H300 and MD-H500 if any. I may have better luck finding the 300 piece and its' cheaper. Is it the same size and color as the 500 pieces?

THANKS,
Mark

A

Andreas Trettin

Audiophyte
I actually have a pretty much never used, MD-H500. It is part of a system the I am thinking of selling: AV-H500D / T-H500 / RW-H500 and a DV-H500. I am actually looking for a remote control receiver diode for the DVD player, anyone have an idea where to get it? Tried to contact TEAC - big waste of time.

M

melloncollie64

Audiophyte
I actually have a pretty much never used, MD-H500. It is part of a system the I am thinking of selling: AV-H500D / T-H500 / RW-H500 and a DV-H500. I am actually looking for a remote control receiver diode for the DVD player, anyone have an idea where to get it? Tried to contact TEAC - big waste of time.
Hey glad you found this site. I am totally still looking to acquire an MD-500. For you, I think the diode will be difficult given the various frequencies I assume they operate on. Are you in the States?

A

Andreas Trettin

Audiophyte
Yes, I am in Houston. The diode thing really bugs me, as it has actually never worked and I was just too lazy to get it fixed under warranty.

M

melloncollie64

Audiophyte
If you want to sell the MD-500, shoot me a text at 703 ninezeronine 26eight4 with a price. Would have loved to have found you a year ago! I found the RW-500 (kind of rare) and DV-H500. Good luck.

V

Victor rODRIGUEZ

Audioholic Intern
you will regret selling the 500 series I tell you from experience

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis