Front and center speaker recommendations..

S

stacpa17

Audiophyte
I have been upgrading my stereo/home theatre equipment and am stuck on what speakers to get to finish my setup. The listening room is 24x15. I just purchased a marantz 5011 and a SVS pb1000. I would like to get a second pb1000. Also purchased the Elan B5 and B6 for the side and rear surrounds. Would like to get a bookshelf fonts and a center. Budget is around $1500. Very impressed with the Monitor Silver 2. I heard. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sinice you are already buying the PB1000, how about SVS Ultras? You can get a pair of the bookshelfs to demo in home.

S

stacpa17

Audiophyte
I have never heard the ultras but from the reviews, they are probably the smart choice. With the center speaker it is $1700. Problem is I went to a high end audio store and listened to the KEF R300's. I could buy the bookshelves today and in a year pick up the center speaker. This is a life long purchase so I have some thinking to do.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I have never heard the ultras but from the reviews, they are probably the smart choice. With the center speaker it is $1700. Problem is I went to a high end audio store and listened to the KEF R300's. I could buy the bookshelves today and in a year pick up the center speaker. This is a life long purchase so I have some thinking to do.
So...what are your impressions of the R300? I went to audition and possibly buy some one day (a little over a year ago) but came home with demo floor model R500 for the same price as new R300's...which they didn't have.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis