B

Brian Anderson

Audiophyte
Hello I'm having a issue with something in my home theater.

When I load a Blu Ray disc into my BluRay player and push play I get a sharp white and multi colored line on the top of my screen when the disc loads?

The line only appears briefly during this moment and never happens during a movie.
This is driving me nuts!

The equipment i use is as follows\

TV- Sharp Aquos Quattron+ 60 inch Model No. LC-60SQ15U
Blu Ray Player- Sony BDP-S6200
Receiver- Sony STR-DN1070

I have checked and replaced cables and settings in both the tv and blu ray player with zero changes.
I should also note that this happened with my Onkyo receiver too.

Any help would be Great!

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
This is likely not a cabling or interference issue. Blu-ray disc players typically output menus at 1080p/60 while the movies play back at 1080p/24. So, the line is likely caused by the player itself or the TV itself during the resync process.

As long as it isn't in the menu of the player or in the movie playback itself, it likely isn't a issue at all.

You may be able to fix the output of your player to 1080i/60 or something to lock in the signal.

It is also possible that this isn't resolution related, but happens as part of DHCP authentication. Which means you can't fix it by locking the resolution.

My expectation is that the player is causing this video to appear like this, but it isn't a concern at all as long as it is only there briefly.

B

Brian Anderson

Audiophyte
Thanks for the fast response! This is the only time in 12 years that I'v experienced something like this before. So here's my question to you, would replacing the Blu Ray player maybe fix this problem or should I just deal with it?

I also notice up in the right hand corner of my screen that it says 1080P and right when it changes to 2160 P is when I notice the line.

B

Brian Anderson

Audiophyte
I just finished hooking up a PS4 to my system in place of my bluray player and it still does the same thing, so I'm wondering if it's not a setting in my TV?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just finished hooking up a PS4 to my system in place of my bluray player and it still does the same thing, so I'm wondering if it's not a setting in my TV?
Looks like what you've figured out is that it is the display not the source that has the issue. I'd start by turning off all of the TVs various processing features and see if it goes away. Then turn them back on one by one and see if it comes back.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Worth adding: Your TV is a 1080p display. I would EXCLUDE any resolutions that are above 1920x1080 from your list. 2160p is flat out silly to send to your TV as your TV is 1920x1080 (1080p) resolution.

If you lower your resolution to the actual native rate of the Sharp display, do you continue to have any issues at all? Or do you still have issues? If you do have issues, even after fixing your resolution to 1920x1080 from the player, then the issue is almost certainly DHCP related, and most likely caused by your display.

It is extremely unlikely that it is your cable, but with 2160 resolution, it could introduce some cable issues. Typically this is shown by sparklies on the screen or no image at all. It would not be typical to show up as a sharp line on screen as you described.

B

Brian Anderson

Audiophyte
Ok guys I'll check into it and let you know what i come up with.

If I would have known it wasn't my receiver I would have just left it alone.

B

Brian Anderson

Audiophyte
Ok I discovered what was causing the problem, it was the upscaling mode in the receiver. It was set to auto 4k upscale and I turned it off and the line went away at start up.
I also set the tv resolution to 1080P
I restarted bluray player 3 times and no line!

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it, it's just to bad I replaced a receiver over it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis