A Huge Thanks to Audioholics

Avian

Avian

Audiophyte
Good day guys,

This is my first post on the forum. I hope this is the appropriate section.

I've been involved with stereo and home cinema audio for around 20 years, but only seriously the last 5 or so (financial capabilities allowed more envolvement in the hobby).

Until recently I was mainly acquiring my system component by component and integrating as I went along. I read as much as possible to guide me in my setup, but Audioholics changed the game for me. The education from Gene, Hugo and the Audioholics team was of immeasurable value to me. I also learned who Dr. Toole was and bought and read his book. With that knowledge and the help from Gene and team the whole system I invested in came together like a dream and the final result was better than I ever imagined.

Recently I decided to get REW, the UMIK-1 and a miniDSP. This combined with Dr. Toole's acoustic principles and the info / education from Gene and Audioholics made a world of difference. I live in South Africa. We are quite a bit behind when it comes to audio / home cinema. I find that my knowledge now surpasses every sales person I've encountered thus far. Not that I know that much, but here they really just sell you the products and some offer "installation", but it's either rough placement and very poorly executed Audyssey setup or very expensive, yet ineffective acoustic products. No one can give you hard fact based on science and research. They just don't know what Gene and team have been preaching!

It's this no nonsense evidence based advice and education that I want to commend and encourage. I'm a medical docter. We practise only evidence based medicine, I suppose that side of me makes my appreciation for Gene and team even greater. Not that art / emotion etc is left out completely. I find their advice very balanced and it just means the world to an enthusiast that is "stranded" without local help.

So a truly sincere thank you to GeneDellaSala, Hugo Rivera and the whole Audioholics! Please keep up the great work and fight the good fight!

Till next time, keep listening!

Regards
Amiel (South Africa)

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nice to hear you have found usefull information from here!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thank you for that affirmation! I'm a retired physician and agree with your evidence based approach. If you have been reading these forums, you probably have noted we try and see the invading loonies off in short order.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Good day guys,

This is my first post on the forum. I hope this is the appropriate section.

I've been involved with stereo and home cinema audio for around 20 years, but only seriously the last 5 or so (financial capabilities allowed more envolvement in the hobby).

Until recently I was mainly acquiring my system component by component and integrating as I went along. I read as much as possible to guide me in my setup, but Audioholics changed the game for me. The education from Gene, Hugo and the Audioholics team was of immeasurable value to me. I also learned who Dr. Toole was and bought and read his book. With that knowledge and the help from Gene and team the whole system I invested in came together like a dream and the final result was better than I ever imagined.

Recently I decided to get REW, the UMIK-1 and a miniDSP. This combined with Dr. Toole's acoustic principles and the info / education from Gene and Audioholics made a world of difference. I live in South Africa. We are quite a bit behind when it comes to audio / home cinema. I find that my knowledge now surpasses every sales person I've encountered thus far. Not that I know that much, but here they really just sell you the products and some offer "installation", but it's either rough placement and very poorly executed Audyssey setup or very expensive, yet ineffective acoustic products. No one can give you hard fact based on science and research. They just don't know what Gene and team have been preaching!

It's this no nonsense evidence based advice and education that I want to commend and encourage. I'm a medical docter. We practise only evidence based medicine, I suppose that side of me makes my appreciation for Gene and team even greater. Not that art / emotion etc is left out completely. I find their advice very balanced and it just means the world to an enthusiast that is "stranded" without local help.

So a truly sincere thank you to GeneDellaSala, Hugo Rivera and the whole Audioholics! Please keep up the great work and fight the good fight!

Till next time, keep listening!

Regards
Amiel (South Africa)
Very kind words from you Amiel. Many thanks and glad you found our information of use for your personal home theater. Please post images on the forums and share with all of us.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Very enriching and encouraging response that sharing and giving is priceless...

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Yep,you can't put a price on knowledge especially in this hobby as a little knowledge can save you a lot of money.There is a lot of good info in Gene's videos on YouTube too as I love watching those.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Diesel57
Another AH member asked me why I marked your post as "dumb". I had no recollection of ever marking another post as dumb so I had to go and look. Sure enough, I had marked this post dumb. I apologize and would like to assure you it was either an accident or a complete biff on my part. I undid the post and gave it a proper like instead. I hope it didn't cause you any undue heartburn or discomfort. I try not to go around bashing other peoples posts. Hope this helps.

T

Tankman

Audioholic
Very kind words from you Amiel. Many thanks and glad you found our information of use for your personal home theater. Please post images on the forums and share with all of us.
2002 huh?..15 years..It's refreshing to see a staff member acknowledge some of us common Folk. Wish I had found you guys before the 90,s..You guys are outstanding with all the research ya'll do. It does not go unappreciated and noticed.

Mike

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Diesel57
Another AH member asked me why I marked your post as "dumb". I had no recollection of ever marking another post as dumb so I had to go and look. Sure enough, I had marked this post dumb. I apologize and would like to assure you it was either an accident or a complete biff on my part. I undid the post and gave it a proper like instead. I hope it didn't cause you any undue heartburn or discomfort. I try not to go around bashing other peoples posts. Hope this helps.
Your apology is definitely accepted with a :)...be at ease, there was no heartburn or discomfort was curious for a moment, asking myself what was dumb about the response, I've also made the mistake of posting with a dumb response which was brought to my attention and was asked why did I post with a dumb response? I went back to view it and there it was, which I to apologize for the mistake. Bucknekked, there's peace & joy in valley, continue sharing your knowledge and support...LOL

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis