Kilpsch RF-7 II paired with a Yamaha RX-A3060

J

JSpring

Audiophyte
I upgraded my system to a Yamaha RX-A3060 recently and I was thinking of upgrading my front speakers from Klipsch SF2s to RF-7 IIs. The Yamaha seems to have the power to run them on paper, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these units being used together or had any some gotchas to mention that I haven't thought about before pulling the trigger on the purchase.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I upgraded my system to a Yamaha RX-A3060 recently and I was thinking of upgrading my front speakers from Klipsch SF2s to RF-7 IIs. The Yamaha seems to have the power to run them on paper, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these units being used together or had any some gotchas to mention that I haven't thought about before pulling the trigger on the purchase.
In a medium size room, sitting 3 to 4 meter from them and listening to not higher than reference level you should be fine. I think the A3060 is such a nice AVR that it deserves better speakers. A pair of KEF R900 will be great but even the budget price R500 will be an upgrade to the RF-7II. In fact, I think even the Q900 could be a good alternative to the RF-7II.

J

JSpring

Audiophyte
In a medium size room, sitting 3 to 4 meter from them and listening to not higher than reference level you should be fine. I think the A3060 is such a nice AVR that it deserves better speakers. A pair of KEF R900 will be great but even the budget price R500 will be an upgrade to the RF-7II. In fact, I think even the Q900 could be a good alternative to the RF-7II.
Thanks for the reply,

I'm not a Klipsch fanboy so the other recommendations are helpful. Is mixing other brands with center and surround going to be a big issue? I only have the cash for great fronts right now.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

The RF-7’s have an efficiency rating of 101 dB, compared to most speakers in the 85-89dB range. You can drive them to ear-bleeding levels with a mere 20 watts, if not less. So they won’t be a problem for the Yamaha, or any other receiver for that matter.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks for the reply,

I'm not a Klipsch fanboy so the other recommendations are helpful. Is mixing other brands with center and surround going to be a big issue? I only have the cash for great fronts right now.
In my opinion, for movies it shouldn't matter (I mean only in practical sense) especially if you run the new and improved YPAO properly, but I do know a lot of people feel that it is important to at least have the front 3 from the same brand and series if not exactly timbre matched. For multi channel music I think it will be a good idea to have a center that is "timbre matched" to the L/R.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis