GoldenEar's Invisible Dolby Atmos System Demo at CEDIA 2016

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
GoldenEar wanted to prove that you can have all the benefits of Dolby Atmos (and by extension DTS:X) in an all-architectural installation. We love immersive audio but want to make sure we give accurate impressions—not just marketing gimmicks.

We sat in on GoldenEar's self-proclaimed "invisible Atmos" demonstration for a listen to see if they could pull it off. Read on to see what we thought about it and check out our little YouTube video teaser of their new impressive SuperSub X compact subwoofer.

Read: GoldenEar's Invisible Dolby Atmos System Demo at CEDIA 2016

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Here is the GoldenEar demo room from CEDIA 2016. There are 4 in-ceiling speakers for Atmos and their new SuperSub X for bass duties.

goldenear-demoroom.jpg

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Here is the GoldenEar demo room from CEDIA 2016. There are 4 in-ceiling speakers for Atmos and their new SuperSub X for bass duties.

View attachment 19174
Glad this site is starting to give GE a little more attention. Appreciated the feedback on the SuperSub X and XL. The Invisa 7000 are amazing little speakers for Atmos.

A

Adamg247

Audiophyte
No offense guys. I have been a loyal follower and early adaptor of many of the items you have reviewed and recommended. But...Yeah here it comes...

Of late you have recommended BUY NOW, Got to Have, etc... At some point I would like to read Take a Pass or Wait on this. Something other than "Gotta have it". Otherwise, you run the risk of crossing into the world of Endorsed Reviews, or the feeling that somehow you are vested in selling units for brand X.

I don't think that is the case personally. But its starting to smack as just another method to sell stuff.

Example. This Golden Ear Product line. Is it REALLY worth $6K? You can get some really nice speaker setups for this amount of coin. I just don't see the value here.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
No offense guys. I have been a loyal follower and early adaptor of many of the items you have reviewed and recommended. But...Yeah here it comes...

Of late you have recommended BUY NOW, Got to Have, etc... At some point I would like to read Take a Pass or Wait on this. Something other than "Gotta have it". Otherwise, you run the risk of crossing into the world of Endorsed Reviews, or the feeling that somehow you are vested in selling units for brand X.

I don't think that is the case personally. But its starting to smack as just another method to sell stuff.

Example. This Golden Ear Product line. Is it REALLY worth $6K? You can get some really nice speaker setups for this amount of coin. I just don't see the value here.
Granted 6K is a lot of money. For 6K you are getting a total of 9 Speakers including a Subwoofer. So, IMO it's one heck of a deal as someone who has the Invisa HTR 7000 for Atmos. Break that down its about 672 a speaker. It's really not expensive. If you have a good dealer, save another 20% off list price so under 5k at about 537.00 a speaker

Sandy had this in mind for people who don't have the space or don't want to take up the space in the room for speakers. They want an in wall solution and for that purpose, at that price point, it does a fantastic job. You could definitely switch subs $1249.00 may seem a bit pricey.

Could you do a better setup with floor standing speakers for less money, yes you definitely could. Could you find a comparable in wall solution that sounds this good for less money, much less likely in my opinion. I have Golden Ear, I think they are excellent sounding speakers, that is of course my opinion.

Sandy has been demoing this type of setup for a while, I have had the chance to hear it, and it does sound good. In my opinion, The price for 9 speakers, for its intended set up, is a a pretty damn good value.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis