j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Uh, not a lot to go on. What about them? what's your budget? Which ones are you looking at? New or used?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Poor man's Klipsch
What does that make Klipsch then? They're already poor man's speakers for most of their lineup. I've heard CVs that sounded better than Klipsch....

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Klipsch is not bad. Take a look at some of the FR's for Cerwin Vega and then look at some for Klipsch. Both make a reputation for high sensitivity speakers, but Klipsch is generally a higher fidelity speaker, and also a less gaudy speaker.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've heard several Klipsch from the lower end of their lineup, just don't like them, plus I think they're kinda fugly myself plus I just don't like the company much these days, not the same as when old man Klipsch was around. If you mean the red on the CV, just a matter of using the grill or not. Speakers all look the same with the lights out and your eyes on the screen or closed and listening to music....as usual YMMV. I'd just skip Klipsch altogether myself, and likely wouldn't bother with CV either but don't know any specifics in this case either....

Dan Madden

Dan Madden

Audioholic
Cerwins are usually big, well built speakers that are designed to 'rock out'........play loud and are party speakers. I liken them more to live music monitors that I would plug in a PA system to for big......but not accurate sound.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Cerwins are usually big, well built speakers that are designed to 'rock out'........play loud and are party speakers. I liken them more to live music monitors that I would plug in a PA system to for big......but not accurate sound.
Which models did you own and measure?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis