Older B&W Nautilus 803's

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Excellent speakers by most regards. Introduced in 1999 as far as I can tell, and listed for $5000. My personal rule of thumb for buying used speakers is that they’re typically worth no more than half of original street price when new, which was probably less than list. Based on that I’d say the seller’s price of $3000 is too high.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

E

EvanSpurlock

Enthusiast
Excellent speakers by most regards. Introduced in 1999 as far as I can tell, and listed for $5000. My personal rule of thumb for buying used speakers is that they’re typically worth no more than half of original street price when new, which was probably less than list. Based on that I’d say the seller’s price of $3000 is too high.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Thanks for the reply! Do you know how these would compare the the new cm10 s2's? I was about to pull the trigger on the cm10's for 3k but stumbled upon these

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

No idea, never heard a pair of B&Ws myself. But I’d normally expect a $5000 list-price speaker to be better than a $3000 pair, especially considering that the former would cost over $7000 today .

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

E

EvanSpurlock

Enthusiast
No idea, never heard a pair of B&Ws myself. But I’d normally expect a $5000 list-price speaker to be better than a $3000 pair, especially considering that the former would cost over $7000 today .

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Okay well thanks again for the reply

E

EvanSpurlock

Enthusiast
Anyone know how these would compare to the cm10 s2's?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Anyone know how these would compare to the cm10 s2's?
I'd say that your current speakers far very well against them. What are you looking to get out of your purchase? Critical Listening? Music, movies? High spl ? Subs?

E

EvanSpurlock

Enthusiast
I'd say that your current speakers far very well against them. What are you looking to get out of your purchase? Critical Listening? Music, movies? High spl ? Subs?
Stereo listening and movies

mwoltmann

mwoltmann

Enthusiast
The new 800 series are ridiculously better; I would keep saving until you can buy a pair of them. I love them! I own Wilson and I think the big 800 Diamonds sound better. Could be the room though. They are in two different houses.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis