Dust cap hole filler

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
So after 16 years all my dust caps got pushed in by my friends 3 yr old this weekend. I tried every solution on the internet and did finally get them popped out....however the only way I got them done was to use a pin. So now I have a few small holes in the caps. 2 of them tore very slightly maybe 1/8" of an inch. I have researched all options. Right now I am leaning toward nail polish and just paint a thin layer over the caps and fill the holes....

Any better ideas....

The drivers in the speakers are all out of production and i can not buy any replacements. Not ready to buy new speakers quite yet....

I have listened to them with the holes and I can not tell a sound difference on a quick check, but am concerned if I don't fill the holes it may get worse....

Thanks

Jeff

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So after 16 years all my dust caps got pushed in by my friends 3 yr old this weekend. I tried every solution on the internet and did finally get them popped out....however the only way I got them done was to use a pin. So now I have a few small holes in the caps. 2 of them tore very slightly maybe 1/8" of an inch. I have researched all options. Right now I am leaning toward nail polish and just paint a thin layer over the caps and fill the holes....

Any better ideas....

The drivers in the speakers are all out of production and i can not buy any replacements. Not ready to buy new speakers quite yet....

I have listened to them with the holes and I can not tell a sound difference on a quick check, but am concerned if I don't fill the holes it may get worse....

Thanks

Jeff
I think a thin layer of nail varnish is the best solution.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Thank you TLS. I am going to give it a try tonight after work.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis