sony shake 99 vs pa djing speakers

S

Sx57

Enthusiast
hi everyone.
As you know,there are some big hifi home sound systems like Sony shake 99 and Panasonic max 8000.i always wondered what you audio lovers think about them?ever heard them?are they any good compared to (low or average)pa speakers (like Behringer 115 or 215d) for DJing for 100 to 150 people parties?i personally believe such hifi systems (if hifi at all)must be poop but i like to know what you think about them...
thank you.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd never heard of one before nor would l call the Sony Shake 99 or Panasonic Max 8000 particularly big hifi home sound systems. Looks more like a party system to be loud and garishly colorful but not something I'd want in my living room :) I have no idea how they sound and likely never will, you'll have to do that and report back perhaps? The Behringer B215XL and their little brothers are pretty popular among those here.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You'll do a lot better getting actual DJ gear or the Behringers rather than those systems that amount to a modern boom box. The speakers are garbage on those systems.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
For entertaining a 100+ people you need a high spl speaker like the behringers listed. There are a few of these professional speakers that measure very well with low distortion. They won't be as inexpensive as the behringers but could easily be used in a home theater. Yorkville and JBL are two of the manufacturers that make some and speakers start at $1500 ea and up.

S

Sx57

Enthusiast
Hello friends.thank you all for kindly answering.I already have two behringer 115ds and a db technologies sub 808d to kill myself with loud volume sometimes.they sound very good and i love clear-loud sound coming out of them.I turn down bass and treble to minimum(for more balanced sound)and crossover the Behringers at 250hz for even more headroom and they just kick me!of course I never listen to such loud volume for extended times because I love my hearing!
I am not a DJ but i like loud good sound and prefer to have equipment needed for 100 party should I have one.The reason i asked is that I wanted to know your opinions about such systems as Sony.I wanted to know if I am right in believing these are not good.your input is very important and I am happy to see that I was right.there are some of my friends that didn't know which was better but now that you are confirming these so called pseudo HiFis are not good,I can guide them for better systems like the behringers(or any other real DJ equipment brand).
Your are a very good and knowledgeable community.it's an honor to be a member here.
Thank you all.

Last edited:
S

Sx57

Enthusiast
For entertaining a 100+ people you need a high spl speaker like the behringers listed. There are a few of these professional speakers that measure very well with low distortion. They won't be as inexpensive as the behringers but could easily be used in a home theater. Yorkville and JBL are two of the manufacturers that make some and speakers start at $1500 ea and up.
Thanks for good suggestion.someday I will earn enough and buy such brand:).I specially like to hear the yorkvilles but they are not imported in my country.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Speaking of your country, which one is it? We know a lot of stuff isn't available in all countries but it helps if you throw us a bone and tell us what country you're talking about.

S

Sx57

Enthusiast
Speaking of your country, which one is it? We know a lot of stuff isn't available in all countries but it helps if you throw us a bone and tell us what country you're talking about.
I live in Iran bro.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good luck with that bro (not sure who you're a bro of tho)

S

Sx57

Enthusiast
Good luck with that bro (not sure who you're a bro of tho)
I said bro as a sign of friendship.these brands are available easily: EV,rcf,jbl,fbt,Yamaha,behringer,Peavy,Mackie,db technologies,qsc but brands like yorkville or danely in my dreams.

Last edited:
ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Samurai
Greetings from across the globe!

For something a bit less conventional than the big PA speaker brands, look up this place:

logicaudio.ir

Arash is the proprietor. Beautiful craftsmanship on huge horn speakers. Might be out of your price range (they're as expensive as the higher price-tier Mackies and such), but certainly worth checking into.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis