The new Paradigm Prestige speakers look very nice..

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
They are are lot cheaper than the list price, since you get the center channel for free with the mains with the current promotion. They are a bit overpriced at the list price (the 95Fs) since it's really mind boggling for $5000 you are getting a 2 1/2 way with aluminum drivers.

Also I don't know how you can say they measure "relatively well" considering that graph basically has a 20db window all squished up.

If you stretch the y axis it looks more like this:

From what I can see the main draw of the Prestige is a compact 3-way center channel that can fit into a typical A/V cabinet and the amazing glossy finishes, followed by QEF styling and very well protected drivers (from kids or pets)--this a speaker you can hang out in all it's glory and not have to hide it behind the grills for protection. Acoustically it might be a bit suspect however, particularly at it's price range. But as a complete family or lifestyle product you have a decent argument for it.

As far as the market, Paradigm Signature speakers hold their value pretty well. But the Prestiege speakers I've seen on 2nd hand sites basically go for fire sale prices, so it seems they aren't considered very highly by audio enthusiasts.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
How could you tell from a single on-axis measurement graph with 160dB of vertical resolution? :)
Yeah my bad .... I with tract that "measures relatively well" I was too quick post ... Got "squirrelled" on the looks :oops:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah my bad .... I with tract that "measures relatively well" I was too quick post ... Got "squirrelled" on the looks :oops:

How does the Prestige Line compare to the former Studio Series in terms of performance and price? How does it compare to the Signature Series? Just curious is all. At one time I absolutely loved my Studio 20 v.3's. The 40 v.3's were also impressive, but I preferred the 20's.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis