ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Very curious about this bookshelf since it has excellent reviews. Has anyone compared this to the Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE? Or have any opinions on the Elac B6. I own the Ascends and need another Bookshelf for a different room. The Ascends are great but wondering about which to add to the office system. Will be running a 2.1 set up in my new office space.

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Not sure, but Kurt did a compare / contrast of the Elac B5 vs. Dennis Murphy's Affordable Accuracy monitors with a WaveCrest HVL-1 honorable mention. tl;dr he preferred the AA monitors.

Here's another shootout where the reviewer had this impression of the B6: "Coming off the Wharfedale these didn't have as much excitement to them, a bit more veiled/recessed on the mids/highs, and occasionally peaky." Regarding the AA's, he said: "These speakers definitely hit well above their price bracket. Listening to these back and forth between the other speakers I’m thoroughly impressed." Regarding the WaveCrest HVL-1: "If you’re building a budget 2.1 system these would be very hard to beat at this price point. Versus the AA’s I’d possibly pick these a 2.1 and pick the AA’s for a 2.0 setup but I haven’t heard the AA in a 2.1 yet so I’d save that judgement for your own ears."

Here's another recent plug for the AA monitors... with feet pics!

Last edited:
billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I recall reading the htm-200 is the more accurate speaker in comparison to the HVL.
How this relates to any comparison with CBM 170 is only a guess on my part but the 170 is likely superior to both. Now in terms of how the 170 compare to the Elac I won't speculate but think that the CBM would be worthy contenders to any speaker in their bracketed price.

Shoot Dave a line and see what he thinks...I know he has a ton of respect for AJ....

PS...@ematthews did you go with the white Sierra's?

Last edited:
ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
The CBM 170 is one heck of a speaker. I can tell you that.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I recall reading the htm-200 is the more accurate speaker in comparison to the HVL.
How this relates to any comparison with CBM 170 is only a guess on my part but the 170 is likely superior to both. Now in terms of how the 170 compare to the Elac I won't speculate but think that the CBM would be worthy contenders to any speaker in their bracketed price.

Shoot Dave a line and see what he thinks...I know he has a ton of respect for AJ....

PS...@ematthews did you go with the white Sierra's?
No.. To much money for me just to change.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis