Urgent Help: Taga Platinum vs Polk Audio Rti

R

Rahul486

Audiophyte
Hello guys,

I am looking forward to set up my Home Theater.
I have bought onkyo Tr-nx 636 which is 7.2.
Now I am very confused between speakers to choose from.
I have finalized two options which is as follow:

1. Taga Harmony: Fronts: Platinum F-120, Center: C-100, surround side and rear: LCR-60, Sub woofer: SW-10 V.2 in 2 Nos.

2. Polk Audio: Front: Rti A7, Centre: Csi-A6, Surround side and rear: Rti A3, sub Woofer: DSW Pro 660 in 1 nos.

My Hall size is 15 feet by 30 feet. will be sitting 16 feet from front.
Both set up are costing almost same. My usage is versatile from movies to classical to hard rock. I have a big family and every one likes good sound.
I will be upgrading my AVR in 4 to 5 Years so speaker should be capable enough. will not change speakers for long.

Looking for some expert advice. :)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Taga is a new one on me. They aren't sold here in the US.

Hopefully,someone from a country where they are available will chime in.

But, one thing I'll say: The larger the speaker driver, the better it in in a large room, particularly when the listening area is a long distance from the speakers. The job of a speaker is to move air. The larger the driver, the more air it can move with ease. This is an immutable law of physics.

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I happen to like the Polk RTi series. I am listening to Polk RTi4's right now.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I happen to hate anything from Polk below LSi series.
Taga on cursory look seems like real Polish company with manufacturing in china. Visually platinum series are leagues above Polk RTi. I'd say - take a gamble with Taga.
However I am somewhat concerted regardig: SW-10 V.2 sub. It's not a ported 10" sub with 175W amp. Imo not nearly enough for your room size. If you can't get sub from a specialized Sub vendor, like SVS for example or in europe - it's british BK Electronics - at least get a pair of these 10" subs.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I happen to like the Polk RTi series. I am listening to Polk RTi4's right now.
I also think that the RTi series is decent for the money. BTW, I have a brand new set of RTi4's for sale! Will take $100 and the buyer pays shipping. They are in Cherry Veneer. If interested, then please send me a PM.

Cheers,

Phil

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello guys,

I am looking forward to set up my Home Theater.
I have bought onkyo Tr-nx 636 which is 7.2.
Now I am very confused between speakers to choose from.
I have finalized two options which is as follow:

1. Taga Harmony: Fronts: Platinum F-120, Center: C-100, surround side and rear: LCR-60, Sub woofer: SW-10 V.2 in 2 Nos.

2. Polk Audio: Front: Rti A7, Centre: Csi-A6, Surround side and rear: Rti A3, sub Woofer: DSW Pro 660 in 1 nos.

My Hall size is 15 feet by 30 feet. will be sitting 16 feet from front.
Both set up are costing almost same. My usage is versatile from movies to classical to hard rock. I have a big family and every one likes good sound.
I will be upgrading my AVR in 4 to 5 Years so speaker should be capable enough. will not change speakers for long.

Looking for some expert advice. :)
Taga are a Polish outfit. They seem to have a booming business in India and to some extent in Europe. The speakers look impressive, but there are no decent reviews that I can find. They seem to have a lot models, which is frequently a red flag.

The Polk RTi7 is a highly problematic speaker.

It is basically a bookshelf with a passive subwoofer. The lower section crosses over at 125 Hz. With a passive crossover. This is always a very bad idea. Also on those towers in that series I have seen measurements on, the bass section is miss tuned and badly so.

Now you will be crossing over to the sub at 60 or 80 Hz, so the band of the lower drivers will be only an octave or less. So there will be inevitable band pass gain, and a peak in a bad place between the bass section and the mid.

Put simply the design of this speaker is incompetent and unfortunately has lots of company in that regard.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis