Renamed: $2000-$2500 to spend on 7.0, What would you buy?

J

Jaime Rittenhouse

Enthusiast
Thanks for the response and feedback shadyJ and thanks agarwalro. :)

shadyJ... What you just said is exactly the feedback I need and have been looking for. I honestly don't know what's what as far as what I have and what's out there.

I'm not content on a minor upgrade if that's exactly what it is. Again, I don't know what my current equipment is compared to equipment out there.

So let's break down what you said... I either need to upgrade my budget or look at upgrading just the front three.

Would you mind qualifying those two comments? If I'm looking at upgrading my budget based upon what you are talking about, what does this number become, roughly? If I'm looking at a front three upgrade, do you by chance have a recommendation or two? At least something to get me rolling?

BlwnAway

BlwnAway

Audioholic
Don't want to hijack Jamie's thread, but thanks guys...
Please continue on topic.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Thanks for the response and feedback shadyJ and thanks agarwalro. :)

shadyJ... What you just said is exactly the feedback I need and have been looking for. I honestly don't know what's what as far as what I have and what's out there.

I'm not content on a minor upgrade if that's exactly what it is. Again, I don't know what my current equipment is compared to equipment out there.

So let's break down what you said... I either need to upgrade my budget or look at upgrading just the front three.

Would you mind qualifying those two comments? If I'm looking at upgrading my budget based upon what you are talking about, what does this number become, roughly? If I'm looking at a front three upgrade, do you by chance have a recommendation or two? At least something to get me rolling?
The higher the budget, the more significant the upgrade, obviously. If you are looking for a THX Reference level experience, and given that room I am betting you are, I would be looking at wide dynamic range speakers. If you need something with a manageable size and nice finish, I would be looking at a trio of Reaction CX-10s. They have a lead time on them, but they have a very good, powerful driver in them and aren't huge or 'industrial' looking. If you want even wider dynamic range and effortlessness, I would be looking at some Pi Threes or Pi Fours. Very powerful speakers with good measurements for accuracy. Those would get you to THX Reference level easy, and they do not require monster amplifiers; your receiver will drive them just fine. These are made to order so have a lead time as well. Your patience will be rewarded though. If you want near-perfect accuracy and big dynamics, look at the JBL LSR6332s. These have magnificent linearity, and will have excellent dynamics in a room like yours, a bit pricey at $1550 each though, but the home audio speakers that can compare to those in accuracy and power would be many times that cost. They are THX pm3 certified, meaning they can be used to create THX soundtracks on and not just playback, a very high standard of performance indeed.

Those speakers are a few that I would be looking at which should be a easily noticeable upgrade over your current speakers. If you are taking a long look at the Pi speakers, you might want to also consider a subwoofer system that can keep up with those. The Hsu subs are very good, but they wouldn't be able to keep up with the dynamics of those speakers unless you added more of them (more subs is always a good thing, btw).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis