OMG I moved again, I promise I won't again for at least 5 Years.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I don't remember going that fast, but my mom has said for a long time "he's built like a poop brickhouse".

Is there anything that can speed up the healing? I know Ice made a world of difference for my back when I was off work. Sucks when you mind is ready but the body just can't make it happen.

SheepStar
Well sure there are things that make you heal quicker and at my age, I have to use most of them when I am injured. Start with a proteolytic enzyme supplement and a Turmeric supplement. For the enzymes I use Nutriwest Pro-inflazyme, and for Turmeric I like EuroMedica CuraPro. Any Turmeric supplement with "BCM" is what you want. If you are not opposed to using SARMs, I would advise Ghar1ne by Olympus Labs if you can still find it, it was recently pulled off of the US market. This is a growth hormone stimulator and technically "doping" but since it's not a hormone; you don't get side effects. No matter what they say most pro's use growth hormone for injury and if you really want to heal fast you could see an MD for script and get the legit HGH. 2 months would be enough to get the job done.

As far as intensity in workouts I would avoid weight bearing ballistic stuff but cycling and swimming should pose no problems. There is a fine line between over working and enough activity to stimulate blood flow and repair. Moist heat for 10-15 minutes with gentile stretching is good. I'm not a fan of ice for anything but acute injury.

Hope this helps, good luck!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Oh, I bought a Lemond Revolution trainer on Boxing day. It's been a really nice trainer and in front of the computer you can keep yourself amused. Even the misses is using it!

SheepStar
Zwift is a fun trainer program and the "races" on there are pretty cool. I copy my Training Peak work outs into Zwift and then use ERG mode and it simulates the exact % of my FTP on a very structured program. Then Zwift keeps me from feeling like I am just on a trainer since you are riding, drafting and seeing a bunch of other bikes.

Here is an example of yesterday's work out. Keep in mind that I can't really do ther entire workout right now so I just do sections of it.

EPD Endurance ride: 2:45:00

WU: 10 - 15 Minutes working from Active Recovery training level into Endurance (Power Z2, HR Z2, RPE 2-3)with 2-3 x 1 minute Fast Pedals to wake up legs
-----
2 x 15 Minute EPD (Explosive Power Development) Intervals!
-----
MS1: EACH INTERVAL - Complete 3 x 12 sec max sprint with 24 sec recovery between sprints. IMMEDIATLY following last sprint (DO NOT REST) complete a 15 Minute Interval in the SST Zone (Power Z3.5, HR Z3.5, RPE 3-4), Cadence should be 85-95, REST AND pedal easy for 5 minutes the REPEAT for a total of 2intervals! :
-----
MS3: Ride in your ENDURANCE ZONE (Power Z2, HR Z2, RPE 2-3) for the remainder of the ride.
-----
CD: 5-15 Minutes of easy pedaling in Active Recovery (Power Z1, HR Z1, RPE <2)

Pre-activity comments

This is a hard workout! Basically it is go HARD for 12 seconds, rest for 12 seconds, go HARD for 12 seconds, rest for 12 seconds, go HARD for 12 seconds the Immediately complete a 15 minute Sweet Spot Interval (SST)! The goal is to teach your body to recovery for the “sprint” efforts while still going hard (close to threshold). The first 2 minutes of the SST is going to hurt as you get your breathing under control, DO NOT GIVE UP!! Your body will recover and suddenly you will feel able to do it!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis