QUICK RECOMMENDATION ON TOWER SPEAKERS < $500/PAIR

C

camimzdc

Audiophyte
Okay guys, I went to go see Dennis today and it really was no-contest. First and foremost, Dennis is a great guy and took the time to show me all his different speakers. We sat there flipping back and forth from the Affordable Accuracy's to his 3's for a full effect of the difference. Yes, his 3's sound great but it blew my mind how much of a punch those Affordable Accuracy bookshelf speakers packed. As we listened to the demo cd when the violin hit the highs were so clear and crisp that you would have thought that someone was actually playing right in front of you. And they definitely pack plenty of bass. He gave the speakers a constant signal at 36Hz and not only was it still audible but the picture on his wall was shaking. Yes, the addition of a sub would make the overall acoustics much more full (as is true whenever you add a sub), but these bookshelves have plenty of kick to enjoy more bassy music.

At $200 these are an unreal value. Go to bestbuy and you cannot even get a garbage Beats Pillbox or flat sounding Sony bluetooth for $200. Yet here is Dennis selling bookshelves that probably outdo some $1000 surround sound systems

Also, he said that amp you guys recommended above will be just fine. He apparently used to work with the FDC on enforcing AMP manufacturers for accurately detailing their stats and was impressed that Onkyo put their 6 and 4 ohm details.

I'll be picking up my bookshelves in two weeks and cannot wait to do so. He said he'll even come by and install them and tune my amp. We only live four miles apart. haha.

Thanks again to everyone. This couldn't have worked out any better.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I'll be picking up my bookshelves in two weeks and cannot wait to do so. He said he'll even come by and install them and tune my amp. We only live four miles apart. haha.

Thanks again to everyone. This couldn't have worked out any better.
Great! I tell ya, you're one lucky guy (or Gal, since I don't know). Wish I lived that close to Dennis.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Have you tried looking for a used pair of PSB Image 6T? They really are that good of speaker and will be on par with every speaker posted in this thread.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Have you tried looking for a used pair of PSB Image 6T? They really are that good of speaker and will be on par with every speaker posted in this thread.
Pawn shop about 150 miles from here has a pair for $600 :rolleyes:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The 6T not the T6 there is a big difference between the two. I wonder how beat up they are.
If they were the T6 I think I may have felt the compulsion. They're the 6T.

Just look at those T6s tho. :D

C

camimzdc

Audiophyte
Hey everyone, sorry it's taken me forever to post an update. Anyways, I bought the speakers and that recommended amp. I've had it all for a solid two weeks now and I have honestly been playing music every waking moment. It all sounds amazing. It's put me on a huge jazz and blues kick. Thanks again for all the input. You guys have made one music fanatic happy for a lifetime. Haha

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis