Sony Core Wow!!!!!!!!!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Peng, I checked my connection and it says ethernet. So, it looks like it is working as of right now. Have not had much time to mess with it. For some reason, when I watch tv the sound is very low. When the AVR is off the tv sounds fine. However, if I turn on my avr there is hardly any volume.

I have my BR player connected to my avr via hdmi. Likewise, have a Samsung DVR (Time Warner) connected to the avr using hdmi. Then, from my avr to my tv using hdmi (arc). Not sure what is going on, but something is NOT right. Have any ideas/suggestions?

Cheers,

Phil
Did you set your HDMI control to on or off?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Did you set your HDMI control to on or off?
As far as I can tell I have the hdmi set to ON. I will full with it more when I have time. I will get to you.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Been playing around with the settings today. As such, I now have better sound when just watching tv. Very happy about that. But, I am ecstatic about playing Pandora via a blue-tooth. Surprisingly, it sounds really good. Folks, I am loving my Marantz SR6009 avr. Can NOT recommend ass4less enough! Time for some Pearl Jam!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Been playing around with the settings today. As such, I now have better sound when just watching tv. Very happy about that. But, I am ecstatic about playing Pandora via a blue-tooth. Surprisingly, it sounds really good. Folks, I am loving my Marantz SR6009 avr. Can NOT recommend ass4less enough! Time for some Pearl Jam!
Once you've used A4L, it is hard to accept paying $1400 (Crutchfield and Amazon) for a new SR6010 when you can go with last years SR6009 refurbished for $500.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Once you've used A4L, it is hard to accept paying $1400 (Crutchfield and Amazon) for a new SR6010 when you can go with last years SR6009 refurbished for $500.
I agree 100% Kurt. I simply can NOT recommend them enough. Just today, I did call and ask if they would credit me $50 since the 6009 is now at $499! Unfortunately, I was told that acc4less does NOT do that. But hey, it never hurts to try....LOL!!!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I agree 100% Kurt. I simply can NOT recommend them enough. Just today, I did call and ask if they would credit me $50 since the 6009 is now at $499! Unfortunately, I was told that acc4less does NOT do that. But hey, it never hurts to try....LOL!!!

Cheers,

Phil
Kurt, the funny thing is when I synced my computer to my avr it said Denon 4100W? I am like wait I have a Marantz SR6009 not a Denon 4100W. Wonder why it said that? It is no big deal as it worked just fine. Seemed kind of strange to me though.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, when I sync my Marantz avr via blue-tooth to my desktop it says Denon 4100W.....LOL? Any reason why it is doing that? It is working just fine. Pandora actually sounds really good as I have been a bit surprised.

I have also noticed that every time I turn on my desktop my Marantz automatically turns on to the Blue-tooth setting. Is that normal? It really is no big deal, but I am a bit confused here. So far, loving my 6009!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hi Phil.

They both probably use the same driver and the manufacturer did not change the signature so your computer shows that name. They are almost identical products.

My 4520 does not have bluetooth so I am not sure but being a "smart" receiver it does it when the desktop makes the connection to the receiver. Check the web interface for the reciever (just type the IP address of it in your browser) and then look to see if there is some kind of auto connect setting.

Looks like you are having a great time with your new toys. Good luck with the sub purchase as well.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hi Phil.

They both probably use the same driver and the manufacturer did not change the signature so your computer shows that name. They are almost identical products.

My 4520 does not have bluetooth so I am not sure but being a "smart" receiver it does it when the desktop makes the connection to the receiver. Check the web interface for the reciever (just type the IP address of it in your browser) and then look to see if there is some kind of auto connect setting.

Looks like you are having a great time with your new toys. Good luck with the sub purchase as well.
That would explain it. Did NOT realize the 6009 was closer to the 4100W. Thought it was more like the 3100W. Yes, I am really loving it so far. Still learning my way around it as we speak. Thanks for YOUR input!

Cheers,

Phil

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
That would explain it. Did NOT realize the 6009 was closer to the 4100W. Thought it was more like the 3100W. Yes, I am really loving it so far. Still learning my way around it as we speak. Thanks for YOUR input!

Cheers,

Phil
As I mentioned before, it is not so simple to equate Marantz models directly to a Denon models any more as they kind of fit in between each others. The SR6009 fits between the X3100W and the X4100W, the SR6009 has the same weight as the X3100W and no XT32/SubEQHT. If you compare the specs carefully, the SR6009 is in fact closer to the X3100W.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
As I mentioned before, it is not so simple to equate Marantz models directly to a Denon models any more as they kind of fit in between each others. The SR6009 fits between the X3100W and the X4100W, the SR6009 has the same weight as the X3100W and no XT32/SubEQHT. If you compare the specs carefully, the SR6009 is in fact closer to the X3100W.
YOU are right Peng. But, it clearly does say 4100W when I sync using bluetooth. Just kind of confused me at first. But, it really is no big deal as it is working just fine so far. BTW, I thought my 6009 can EQ my sub? Is that NOT the case? Sure hope it does.

Cheers,

Phil

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
YOU are right Peng. But, it clearly does say 4100W when I sync using bluetooth. Just kind of confused me at first. But, it really is no big deal as it is working just fine so far. BTW, I thought my 6009 can EQ my sub? Is that NOT the case? Sure hope it does.

Cheers,

Phil
The 6009 can EQ your sub.
SubEQ is used for calibrating level and phase/distance of two subs before running the main Audyssey program.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The 6009 can EQ your sub.
SubEQ is used for calibrating level and phase/distance of two subs before running the main Audyssey program.
I see. Very happy my AVR can EQ my sub(s). But, YOU are saying SubEQ is a better/more advanced version of what the 6009 has? Just checked, my L12 is in Mesquite, TX on its way to me as we speak. Supposed to be here on Tuesday. Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Phil

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I see. Very happy my AVR can EQ my sub(s). But, YOU are saying SubEQ is a better/more advanced version of what the 6009 has?
Yes if you have two subs. XT can do a decent job with one sub or two identical subs, but XT32+Sub EQ HT that comes with the 6010, 7009, 7010, X4100W etc., can do a better job based on my own experience. Unless you have a very difficult room there isn't any big deal because you can do some manually tweaking yourself.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes if you have two subs. XT can do a decent job with one sub or two identical subs, but XT32+Sub EQ HT that comes with the 6010, 7009, 7010, X4100W etc., can do a better job based on my own experience. Unless you have a very difficult room there isn't any big deal because you can do some manually tweaking yourself.
I see. Thanks Peng for explaining the difference(s). I also been reading a lot about REW. Might look into using something like that. Have been able to tweak my sub(s) in the past. Just want to take it to another level. Appreciate all of YOUR help.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis