Front Tower Speakers Close Together

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
I have a similar problem and added front heights PLIIz and instead of putting them directly over my left and right since they are close to the ceiling I was able to move them a couple feet further out to the sides. When I play movies it drastically expanded my height and width of the "stage".
Please post a photo.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
OP, what you lose with speakers too close together is some stereo separation and soundstage width. Toe in or not affects the relative volume of the high frequencies. It won't fix stereo separation or soundstage. Whether you choose toe the speakers in or not is a matter of sound quality preference. You will have to live with their closeness.

S

Sky1

Audioholic Intern
The near ceiling speakers are for height as in Atmos?
My system does not have Atmos, it is a 7.1 system that lets me choose to use Ch 7 as Front heights instead of backs. So as soon as I connected up speakers to it I was able to select what I wanted them for. Then ran the Audyssey. Not sure what amp you got but mine I can select them by selecting Dolby IIz, then the come on.

I used to have them wired in parallel with my front right & left with my old speakers without Dolby IIz and that too worked ok.

Works really well but is not good for all types of music.

Interesting enough, tonight I decided to play some old cassettes and hit the DolbyIIz and it sounds pretty darn nice playing an old Slippery when wet cassette. Some music like on CD's or MP3's sound too bright and cold when I run them as if it robs the mid bass.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis