Hi-def speakers for Hi-def music

S

Steve Carlisle

Audiophyte
I live in a city with no way to check out high end equipment so I rely on the internet to find out what I need to know, I'm rebuilding my system, and want to upgrade my front and center speakers from good to great. I'm currently running Yamaha NS-777's and NS-C444 , Marantz SR 7010, and I use the Oppo 103, I have a short list for speakers, I was checking on the Yamaha Soave NS-901's but can't find any reviews on them, I'm also checking on the Asperion Verus Grand Towers and center. I have time to look as I will probably wait till after the DTS-X and AURO-3D firmware upgrades. I listen to music most of the time and have gotten into the Hi-def blu-ray pure audio and want great speakers for all the great new sounds, great under $5000 lol, I appreciate any and all suggestions and feedback. I should add my surround and hight speakers are Yamaha NS 555 and 333's, all 6 ohm

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You can get the RBH SX-8300/R towers for under $5K/pr sale price; the SX-8300 towers for under $3500/pr sale price.

One feature I love about these towers is that you can ACTIVELY bi-amp the woofers (instead of passively bi-amp).

I'm sure you will get many great recommendations for other speakers and you will most likely be very happy with any of them.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I would recommend choosing the speakers that sound best to you.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I would recommend choosing the speakers that sound best to you.
Reminds of old Microsoft joke punchline - technically correct, but absolutely useless. OP said can't audition speakers, unless they are purchased and delivered.

btw: Aperion and EMP Tek should definitely be considered

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
KEF R900 or Focal Aria 948 will fit that budget. The Focal probably offers higher resolution.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis