SVS Ultras or ML Motion15s

B

BoomDog28

Enthusiast
Which pair of speakers would you prefer?

Are Motions better with music?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
BSA,
Have you heard the SVS Ultra's? I have heard the bookshelf version and was quite impressed with it at $1000/pair!

For the OP:
I have not heard the ML's but feel the SVS is a very competitive speaker at it's pricepoint. It has the best implementation of an Al tweeter I have ever heard - better than the Energy RC or the Paradigm Studio Series Al tweeters.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
BSA,
Have you heard the SVS Ultra's? I have heard the bookshelf version and was quite impressed with it at $1000/pair!

For the OP:
I have not heard the ML's but feel the SVS is a very competitive speaker at it's pricepoint. It has the best implementation of an Al tweeter I have ever heard - better than the Energy RC or the Paradigm Studio Series Al tweeters.
:oops:
NVM, I was looking into completely wrong price point (each vs pair pricing :confused: )
As for SVS Bookshelves, no I have not heard them.
Measurements are here:
http://www.soundandvision.com/content/svs-ultra-speaker-system-ht-labs-measures#DagipYk8JMFydccO.97

Given their price point and fact that my most favorite speaker ever (Salk SS8) has ruler flat FR, I would think that I would a bit more neutral speaker for a about grand,like new Philharmonitors for example.

Last edited:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'd get SVS between the two, but for speakers I'd actually go the Dennis Murphy(Salk or Phils) route if I didn't make my own.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Has the OP listened to both? That's the best way to decide.

+1 for Philharmonic Audio or Salk.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I agree that Murphy is apt to do better, but until his new bookshelves come out ($1150), he really doesn't have anything near that price point.
I'm assuming bs speakers, but I am not sure that is what the OP had in mind.

S

Sky1

Audioholic Intern
I ordered a set of Ultras the other night but then when I woke up I had an oh-crap moment when I realized how big and heavy they are. I called SVS, they changed my order to Prime series tower 5.0 system instead. Can't wait till they get here!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis