T

Tom Shepard

Audiophyte
I don't think PSB would ask for such a price if it couldn't deliver the goods.
Actually the X series that you referred to replaced the image T5 and T6 towers. Which were relatively the same price.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
PSB Imagine T3 reviewed by Sound and Vision Magazine fwiw...

Here's the link
http://www.soundandvision.com/content/psb-imagine-t3-speaker-system-review

and here are their measurments

"
This graph shows the quasi-anechoic (employing close-miking of all woofers) frequency response of the Imagine T3 L/R (purple trace), SubSeries 300 subwoofer (blue trace), Imagine C3 center channel (green trace), and Imagine S surround (red trace). All passive loudspeakers were measured with grilles at a distance of 1 meter with a 2.83-volt input and scaled for display purposes.

The Imagine T3’s listening-window response (a five-point average of axial and +/–15-degree horizontal and vertical responses) measures +0.96/–2.72 decibels from 200 hertz to 10 kilohertz. The –3dB point is at 28 Hz, and the –6dB point is at 24 Hz. Impedance reaches a minimum of 4.40 ohms at 90 Hz and a phase angle of –35.82 degrees at 71 Hz.

The Imagine C3’s listening-window response measures +2.10/–5.42 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. An average of axial and +/–15-degree horizontal responses measures +2.79/–5.83 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. The –3dB point is at 55 Hz, and the –6dB point is at 48 Hz. Impedance reaches a minimum of 4.66 ohms at 992 Hz and a phase angle of –63.48 degrees at 134 Hz.

The Imagine S’s three-face averaged response in dipole mode measures +1.07/–5.29 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz. The –3dB point is at 95 Hz, and the –6dB point is at 82 Hz. Impedance reaches a minimum of 5.64 ohms at 221 Hz and a phase angle of –48.96 degrees at 136 Hz.

The SubSeries 300’s close-miked response, normalized to the level at 80 Hz, indicates that the lower –3dB point is at 23 Hz and the –6dB point is at 21 Hz. The upper –3dB point is at 133 Hz using the LFE input.—MJ

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Does anyone have a copy of the owners manual or specifications for the orginal PSB Alpha Mites? I'm searching the internet and coming up empty handed.

A

Assumer

Enthusiast
Purchased my first pair of PSB speakers and couldn't be happier. X2T. Love them.

R

riker1384

Junior Audioholic
Most of PSB's current speakers use the same tweeter and they all have that peak around 17kHz. It seems too low to be a titanium dome resonance. Perhaps some diffraction issue? I wonder if it is an audible flaw. It's a little unsettling to see that big peak on PSB speakers which otherwise tend to measure very well.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Most of PSB's current speakers use the same tweeter and they all have that peak around 17kHz. It seems too low to be a titanium dome resonance. Perhaps some diffraction issue? I wonder if it is an audible flaw. It's a little unsettling to see that big peak on PSB speakers which otherwise tend to measure very well.
Unless one can hear that high, I doubt very much that its audible. Both Soundstage and Sound n Vision rated the speaker very highly.

R

riker1384

Junior Audioholic
Personally I can easily hear the 16kHz noise from a CRT.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Personally I can easily hear the 16kHz noise from a CRT.
But there are no musical instruments producing 16KHz. Audittion them if you have doubts. The few reviews done on them indicate a very neutral speaker which includes a smooth treble response. I used to hear old analog scopes in my youth. Drove me nuts.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
More news on PSB's Atmos speakers;

from http://www.wifihifi.ca/LatestNewsHeadlines/CES2016:5BestAVItemsFromDayThree.html

5. PSB Dolby Enabled Speakers

Touted by Dolby as the most accurate Dolby-enabled Speaker Module on the market, PSB is selling these speakers for around $600 a pair. Mount them on top of any speakers, (or alternatively wall-mount them with the included mount) and voila! You have yourself a Dolby Atmos speaker set up without the need of cutting holes in your ceiling or fishing wires through the rafters. According to Dolby, these speakers are the only speaker modules on the market that match the closest to both the Dolby Atmos-enabled frequency curve and dispersion angle.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis