Speakers comparable or better than B&W 803D

M

Markus Gaines

Audiophyte
I'm interested in possibly purchasing some RBH SX-8300rs. My room size is 12X22 and my current setup is with B&W CM9s, B&W CM Centre 2, and B&W DS6 for surround. My goal is to move my system to the next level. I've recently auditioned the following speakers Totem Forrest, PSB T3, Def Tech Mythos ST-L, Goldenear Triton One, B&W 805D, and B&W 803D speakers. Of these speakers, I liked the 803s the best. So my question is, what if any of your speakers are comparable to the B&W 803Ds? I know B&W is coming out with a new Diamond Series, but the most I could afford is the new 805D.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I should probably start every post with "I'm biased...".

If you've never seen my posts, I will say that I used to own B&W 802 Diamond (D2). I have auditioned 800D, 800D2, 802D, 802D2, 803D2, 805D2.

I have sold my B&W 802D2, Revel Salon2, and KEF Reference 201/2.

Now I own the RBH SX-T2/R.

I have heard the SX-8300 & SX-8300/R. I would have been completely happy with the SX-8300 or SX-8300/R after selling my 802D2, Salon2, & KEF 201/2.

If you ask me if I miss my B&W 802D2, the answer is, "No I don't".

But everyone has a different opinion. This is just mine.

There is a speaker for everyone based on needs/preferences. B&W has one of the highest resale values and they are very easy to sell. But there are many great sounding speakers. Too many brands to list all.

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I agree with everybody, RBH is nice, Ascend is nice, phil is nice, and salk is nice...

What is your actual budget? What does it have to get you? What are you using it for?

I love the PSB T3's I think they are one of the most underrated speakers on the market right now, and they have a good rating, so that has to say something, for what I consider mainstream equipment (B&W, Monitor audio, wharfedale, Psb, sonus, etc etc etc ) the T3's for the money are impressive, so if you tell me what you thought about them, pros and cons, I can get an idea of what you like, I am familiar with their sound...

I love ascend sierra,, actually all ascend, by the way... Answer the questions in this post and you will will be 1 step closer to knowing what I think, lol... dangerous...

M

Markus Gaines

Audiophyte

If you've never seen my posts, I will say that I used to own B&W 802 Diamond (D2). I have auditioned 800D, 800D2, 802D, 802D2, 803D2, 805D2.

I have heard the SX-8300 & SX-8300/R. I would have been completely happy with the SX-8300 or SX-8300/R after selling my 802D2, Salon2, & KEF 201/2.

There is a speaker for everyone based on needs/preferences. B&W has one of the highest resale values and they are very easy to sell. But there are many great sounding speakers. Too many brands to list all.
Thanks for the reply, this comparison just the type of information that I was looking for.

Alexandre

Alexandre

Audioholic
I've posted this already in a different thread a while back but when I was in the market to upgrade from my B&W 600 series I auditioned a few speakers from B&W (804D), Focal, Audio Physic and Triangle and ended up with the Triangle Magellan Duetto, their high end 'bookshelf' speakers which I absolutely love. They're magnificent speakers! And yes, they're 'just' bookshelf speakers but their bass extension is very impressive for their size (and I am pairing them with a sub).

Cheers!
Alex.

C

CoryW

Audioholic

It’s an old post, but I finally have my T2/T in my basement theater. Funny, the guys bidding my new roof advised the subs had the entire roof shaking. I was listening at a very moderate volume. Ha. They easily surpass every speaker I’ve owned.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis