Corner shelf wall mounts for speakers

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
OK, you said I was not helping so I just removed those 4 pics. Well, I deleted the 4 posts.
Those speakers are classics and excellent. They should not be mounted in a corner.

They need to be on stands with the tweeters 36" from the floor at ear height, and at least 14" from all walls.

This speakers are classic monitors developed by some of the legends of audio along with BBC engineering. Jim Rogers was among them. This was a an usual cooperative effort between a lot of parties. All firms contributing were allowed to produce this speaker.

They are very insensitive however, and really take some driving. The designers did not have a modern junk receiver in mind to drive them. The BBC always drove them from Quads.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
From the information you provided, I can safely say that those wall mounts AL2 provided a link for will work, but you might want to take heed of TLSguy's advice.

J

jroberts

Audioholic Intern
Those speakers are classics and excellent. They should not be mounted in a corner.

They need to be on stands with the tweeters 36" from the floor at ear height, and at least 14" from all walls.

This speakers are classic monitors developed by some of the legends of audio along with BBC engineering. Jim Rogers was among them. This was a an usual cooperative effort between a lot of parties. All firms contributing were allowed to produce this speaker.

They are very insensitive however, and really take some driving. The designers did not have a modern junk receiver in mind to drive them. The BBC always drove them from Quads.

Thank you so much for that info!

Are you talking about these stands from Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Sanus-Natural-Foundations-Speaker-Black/dp/B00092HW9G

J

jroberts

Audioholic Intern
sigh... look back on the first page of your thread at the post from Afterlife2. There, he provided a picture and a link.

That's the one I was referring to. But, those Sanus stands will also work as well.

I was referring to the stands in TLS Guy post and not on the first page of this thread. And I seen that picture.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thank you so much for that info!

Are you talking about these stands from Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Sanus-Natural-Foundations-Speaker-Black/dp/B00092HW9G
I purposely did not give a link. You know how much you want to spend, where you want to buy it and the trim for your decor.

I just told you what specification the stands need to get the best out of your speakers.

In other words ones that are not likely to tip and place the tweeter 36" above the floor. Now the rest is up to you. If you can't proceed from here then you are in the TSTOE category.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis