RBH Sound Owner's Thread

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you!!!
Okay, this is what I'm getting regarding to attaching the 661 to stands.

You can attach them with wood screws as long as you don't mind screwing directly into the speaker cabinet.

The crossover is attached to the cup so you can screw anywhere into the cabinet safely. The cabinet is a wood veneer over MDF. So some good wood screws should do the job.

J

jnboone

Junior Audioholic
Thanks! Kinda surprised by the answer, but I greatly appreciate it! Seems to me a high end speaker would have an insert that was properly positioned (The Aperions I tried first did). I'm afraid that if I use the screw directly into the cabinet and have to remove/re-attach that the MDF won't hold up to that - BUT I'm no expert on MDF. What do you think?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks! Kinda surprised by the answer, but I greatly appreciate it! Seems to me a high end speaker would have an insert that was properly positioned (The Aperions I tried first did). I'm afraid that if I use the screw directly into the cabinet and have to remove/re-attach that the MDF won't hold up to that - BUT I'm no expert on MDF. What do you think?
Personally I would never do anything that might even SCRATCH the bottom of my high-end speakers. :D

For handy guys willing to put holes at the bottom of their speakers, I believe it can be done nicely, as recommended by RBH.

But no way I would personally do that.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
My wife and I have built a new house and I'm finally getting a dedicated theater. I have a LCR RBH T2 setup (center less the bass cabinet) I'm thinking of using and wanted to get some opinions here. The room is 14'-10" wide by 19'-7" long. The speakers will go on one of the long ends with around a 40" or so distance from the front wall to the screen wall. Are those too much speaker for that size room? I don't play movies at reference level much if at all anymore...well maybe some concert BD's on occasion. I'll use the two RBH 400 amps for the bass cabinets and a Yamaha receiver for the rest. The room is built correctly with isolation clips, channel, OSB with Green Glue and another layer of sheetrock. I will also be sound treating the room.
Another question is for the surrounds. I have a set of 441's for the surrounds. Would these be too small and would you use two additional speakers for the 7.1 setup?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My wife and I have built a new house and I'm finally getting a dedicated theater. I have a LCR RBH T2 setup (center less the bass cabinet) I'm thinking of using and wanted to get some opinions here. The room is 14'-10" wide by 19'-7" long. The speakers will go on one of the long ends with around a 40" or so distance from the front wall to the screen wall. Are those too much speaker for that size room? I don't play movies at reference level much if at all anymore...well maybe some concert BD's on occasion. I'll use the two RBH 400 amps for the bass cabinets and a Yamaha receiver for the rest. The room is built correctly with isolation clips, channel, OSB with Green Glue and another layer of sheetrock. I will also be sound treating the room.
Another question is for the surrounds. I have a set of 441's for the surrounds. Would these be too small and would you use two additional speakers for the 7.1 setup?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
I don't think the T2s are too much speakers because the bass is actively amp and can be decreased if you are getting too much bass.

The 441s would be great for Surround speakers. For 7.1 you would need a total of 4 surround speakers. But I don't think you need 7.1, especially for your room size. I would keep it 5.1.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
They didn't call it the "T" system for nothing. :D

With the new planned HT room (21'W x 27'D x 15'H), I will have a 150" screen. So that means the screen will be about 4' from the floor. Since I plan on very conspicuously showing all my speakers and equipment (no transparent screen), I will need to set my center speaker horizontally. So I figured the center speaker would look like that "T".

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
If the T2 sat is going below the screen, the tweeters should be at the top. Reorient so the speaker has a smiley face :)

D

Docks

Audioholic
I'm a bit behind the ball here lately, but still curious!
Do we have any measurements (cabinet vibration, waterfall, distortion, freq response, axis, etc) of the RBH SX-T2/R which were preformed in an anechoic chamber? How do these compare on paper to a very technically strong speaker like the Salon 2?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm a bit behind the ball here lately, but still curious!
Do we have any measurements (cabinet vibration, waterfall, distortion, freq response, axis, etc) of the RBH SX-T2/R which were preformed in an anechoic chamber? How do these compare on paper to a very technically strong speaker like the Salon 2?
The closest thing reviewed is the T-30.

http://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/rbh-t-30lse

Both are accurate speakers on paper. Neither Stereophile nor Soundstage have reviewed RBH.

M

MunkinDrunkey

Enthusiast
:) proud new owner of RBH TK-5CT. I just had them auditioned today and was very happy. I really liked how they never seemed to exhibit a sweet spot and will serve me perfectly listening to music. Bought them used @ $200/pr. I am using a box set jvc avr though :confused:

Edit- update: After hunting around for the instructions I have a jcv rx-5020vbk which has some output power ratings as follows: stereo mode 100 watt per channel min rms @ 8ohm 40hz-20khz, then for center and surrounds added, it only specifies each channel at 100w rms for 1khz 8ohm. I was wondering how much should I believe the specs for the stereo only on my avr, since the review on the tk5ct's on this site recommends at least 100wpc down to 6ohm. Also since the small cubiod satellites for the 5.1 system are 110W max at 8ohm I figured I should play it safe to only use stereo for now to get the full 100w for the towers.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
:) proud new owner of RBH TK-5CT. I just had them auditioned today and was very happy. I really liked how they never seemed to exhibit a sweet spot and will serve me perfectly listening to music. Bought them used @ $200/pr. I am using a box set jvc avr though :confused:

Edit- update: After hunting around for the instructions I have a jcv rx-5020vbk which has some output power ratings as follows: stereo mode 100 watt per channel min rms @ 8ohm 40hz-20khz, then for center and surrounds added, it only specifies each channel at 100w rms for 1khz 8ohm. I was wondering how much should I believe the specs for the stereo only on my avr, since the review on the tk5ct's on this site recommends at least 100wpc down to 6ohm. Also since the small cubiod satellites for the 5.1 system are 110W max at 8ohm I figured I should play it safe to only use stereo for now to get the full 100w for the towers.
Congrats on your new speakers. As long as you don't play too loudly, I think you will be fine with 5.1.

M

MunkinDrunkey

Enthusiast
Congrats on your new speakers. As long as you don't play too loudly, I think you will be fine with 5.1.
Thanks I suspected as much. I have since played these towers loud to see how my avr would feed them and did notice on 2.0 only that when playing music with more lower end and mid being transitioned between rapidly (electronic and edm mostly) there was an audible and terrible fluctuation in sound levels as if someone were cranking the db up and down. I would assume the dynamic power consumption is probably too much for the avr? For these tower, a recommendations on more adequate power supply for higher listening levels?
Edit: all under a $300 budget too? Based on what i am trying to find and researching this is probably enough. Maybe a better 5.1 avr with preout to send to a separate amp, or a 5.1 avr capable of driving them @ 100wpc whilst handling the lower impedance.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks I suspected as much. I have since played these towers loud to see how my avr would feed them and did notice on 2.0 only that when playing music with more lower end and mid being transitioned between rapidly (electronic and edm mostly) there was an audible and terrible fluctuation in sound levels as if someone were cranking the db up and down. I would assume the dynamic power consumption is probably too much for the avr? For these tower, a recommendations on more adequate power supply for higher listening levels?
Edit: all under a $300 budget too? Based on what i am trying to find and researching this is probably enough. Maybe a better 5.1 avr with preout to send to a separate amp, or a 5.1 avr capable of driving them @ 100wpc whilst handling the lower impedance.
I don't know about JVC, but it seems $500+ AVR from Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, HK, and Sony can handle 4 ohms.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just got the new RBH Sept 2015 price list. The new SV-Series speakers aren't listed yet; only the current models are listed. Good for RBH fans that the prices didn't seem to increase.

MSRP:
SX-6300/R $3279.95/pair
SX-6300 $2749.95/pair
SX-61/R $1899.95/pair
SX-61 $1199.95/pair
SX-661C/R $1349.95 each
SX-661C $899.95 each
SX-8300/R $5899.95/pair
SX-8300 $4999.95/pair
SX-T1/R $7499.95 each
SX-T1 $5199.95 each
SX-T2N/R $11999.95/pair
SX-T2N $7999.95/pair
SX-1010N/R $1999.95 each
SX-1010N $1199.95 each
SX-1012N/R $2429.95 each
SX-1212N $1449.95 each

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Just got the new RBH Sept 2015 price list. The new speakers aren't listed yet; only the current models are listed. Good for RBH fans that the prices didn't seem to increase.

MSRP:
SX-6300/R $3279.95/pair
SX-6300 $2749.95/pair
SX-61/R $1899.95/pair
SX-61 $1199.95/pair
SX-661C/R $1349.95 each
SX-661C $899.95 each
SX-8300/R $5899.95/pair
SX-8300 $4999.95/pair
SX-T1/R $7499.95 each
SX-T1 $5199.95 each
SX-T2N/R $11999.95/pair
SX-T2N $7999.95/pair
SX-1010N/R $1999.95 each
SX-1010N $1199.95 each
SX-1012N/R $2429.95 each
SX-1212N $1449.95 each

New speakers? Are those simply the newly revised versions of the T-system and 8300/6300, or are there truly new products coming out?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
New speakers? Are those simply the newly revised versions of the T-system and 8300/6300, or are there truly new products coming out?
I should have said the new "SV-Series" speakers.

One will be a large modular tower with Ribbon Tweeter + 1212 subwoofer. I suspect there will be a SV-6500 & SV-8500 to replace the SX-6300 & SX-8300.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Thats what they're called, couldn't remember! Think Gene posted a preview of those a while back, caught my interest to see their evolution of driver selection.

Also look forward to seeing your new home with 10 spare bedrooms, each with a different selection of RBH products to showcase.... Hazaa!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis