Was looking for Bose Acoustimas 10, what now?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Now you're just trolling. ;)

Strangely enough, you and this gentleman have very similar writing styles. Hmmm...

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Pro - just read this thread, and others like it. You appear to be a smart guy. You can find all your answers by research. You don't need to troll us.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, we're playing with you now.

P

Pro People

Enthusiast
Oh you seem agitated, let's do constructive discussiondiscussion here. No bad intention.

Do you have to tell me if you're playing? Then let's play...

Acoustat

Acoustat

Full Audioholic
Now you're just trolling. ;)

Strangely enough, you and this gentleman have very similar writing styles. Hmmm...
To whom are you referring Mark?
I do not disagree with the statement that brought this recent conversation into this thread
but let's keep it civilized. I'm satisfied with the equipment I purchased after starting this thread
whenever that was. I'm so glad I didn't just jump in and buy the 1st thing that had caught my
attention 15 yrs ago or so when I thought the Acoustimass system was what I wanted.
It is so not me.

Acoustat

Acoustat

Full Audioholic
Mark - On what basis you said it won't shine? Regardless of what amps u drive the bose for as long as it meets the requirement as stated, then sure it will shine. Mediocre sound? - again what is the basis u say like this? U must compared it from something but what is that brand and size?
The basis is you have not researched or are not familiar with the system that has been incorporated into HT.
It is exceeding clear that the mediocre sound would have fallen significantly below a standard
of which I was accustom to, and Mark could see that and passed on an educated piece of advice
before I made a purchase that I would've not been proud to call mine. I think mediocre is a perfect description.
It simply would NOT have met requirements of the audiophile.

Acoustat

Acoustat

Full Audioholic
To update the thread properly…perhaps I did not…
I did buy a single Rythmik F15HP subwoofer, Denon 4000 AVR, Martin Logan Motion 40
tower speakers for surrounds, and ML Motion 50 for centre ch.

My Fronts (1989 Acoustat Spectra 33) are supplied through the AVR pre-outs driven
by the 1989 Carver TFM-45 amp. The Denon AVR does a fantastic job at blending such
different speaker requirements and I am satisfied to the point I have not even been
on this forum or felt the need to think about any, audio equipment.
A 75% off audio or video sale would not get my attention. I need nothing.
Many thanks to those who've helped me figure out kinks along the way, and especially
integrating my system. That was beyond me for sure. Thanks :)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
The basis is you have not researched or are not familiar with the system that has been incorporated into HT.
It is exceeding clear that the mediocre sound would have fallen significantly below a standard
of which I was accustom to, and Mark could see that and passed on an educated piece of advice
before I made a purchase that I would've not been proud to call mine. I think mediocre is a perfect description.
It simply would NOT have met requirements of the audiophile.
Not you, friend. That was directed at the person who authored the post immediately preceding that post.

You asked valid questions and accepted the advice offered gracefully. The target of that post has been trolling this forum the past few days and injecting himself into any thread that has "Bose" in it simply to elicit responses, and then argue with them.

I'm glad we were able to provide guidance to help you enjoy this hobby. That's why we're here, and we're glad to do it. ...not to be jerked off.

I really should start quoting posts whan I post, shouldn't I?

Again, you're fine. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
Acoustat

Acoustat

Full Audioholic
Not you, friend. That was directed at the person who authored the post immediately preceding that post.

I really should start quoting posts whan I post, shouldn't I?

Again, you're fine. Sorry for any confusion.
Thanks Mark! I wanted to make sure you didn't think I would stoop to
using an alias and coming back and bashing you. That would never happen
whether I agreed with anyone or not.

It was fun, and challenging at the same time putting all this together. Mostly challenging.
Going over initial budget was a must. I was clueless.
Darn thing is, I sold a lot of high end aquarium equipment to get under way on this project
and now I'm finding myself getting back into that hobby :oops:

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks Mark! I wanted to make sure you didn't think I would stoop to
using an alias and coming back and bashing you. That would never happen
whether I agreed with anyone or not.

It was fun, and challenging at the same time putting all this together. Mostly challenging.
Going over initial budget was a must. I was clueless.
Darn thing is, I sold a lot of high end aquarium equipment to get under way on this project
and now I'm finding myself getting back into that hobby :oops:
Acoustat,
I gotta say that every time I read your system, it is one of my favorites here!
I love the combination of vintage and modern (but all quality); Carver SS amp, Nak. Cassette deck!, Denon AVR, Acoustat's and Rythmik!
As for the aquarium, the fish have good vibrations with the new sub. Put on this when you leave the house and they'll feel right at home!

TheSoundLounge

TheSoundLounge

Enthusiast
Hi,

Don't have time to read all the comments in your thread at the moment, but reading your title.... "Looking" means to me maybe you didn't buy yet unless I am too late lol.....
If you want a small speaker system, I recommend you taking a look at Gene's video:
He mentioned he replaced "the Cube speakers" other words Bose with the speaker set made by RBH which in the video they are talking about it's sub S-10/E10 model. The 5.1ch Set is like $649 at 2.20min in the video.
Enjoy! :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis