Turntables..Who has one or is considering getting a new one

Are you interesting in purchasing a turntable?

• Total voters
M

my3sons90

Audiophyte
Still have my Technics SL-D2 from the 1980s still works great just replaced the stylus of my Shure M97 HE cartridge. sounds great especially with records that were well cared for.

DD66000

DD66000

Senior Audioholic
I have been using a Marantz TT-15S1 since 2010, which is a belt drive.
Not a cheapo, but the price did not break the bank either.MARATT15S1_000-Large.jpg

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
:DStill happy and very thankful with what Dr. M sent. Click on pic to make it bigger:

How do you like that cartridge? I know Dual turntables, but haven't heard an Ortofon in a long time and what I heard wasn't what they make now.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I recently decided to start playing vinyl again and have found the sound quality of some LPs to be better than I remembered, although the only things that haven't changed are the LPs and the turntable- the rest of the system and my house are different and my ears are more than 20 years older. However, I always carry ear plugs and if I'm in a loud environment, they go in, regardless of who I'm with and what is happening.

Using a Sony PS-X600 table and now that I have a second headshell, it will be easier to use a different cartridge when I want. I also found a microscope at Goodwill for $13 and I can see the condition of the stylus for myself, rather than call around to find someone who can still do that. I dug out my extra cartridges and found that my Audio Technica AT31E is still in great condition, my Denon DL-103d is still good and since my Denon DL-110 is relatively unused, it's like new.

I'm not a cable freak, but with the low output and other characteristics of cartridges and phono sections, I was wondering about turntable cable replacement. Mine is picking up hum and noise from handling/tapping on the cable- if it's not a bad solder joint, the handling noise is usually from the center conductor being free to move in the dielectric and that can't be changed. Does anyone have any recommendations?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
How do you like that cartridge? I know Dual turntables, but haven't heard an Ortofon in a long time and what I heard wasn't what they make now.
I really like it, it's crystal clear and right up there with AT carts I owned that I like and maybe better. It plays loud too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis