I need a good set of speakers

Y

Yankees20

Audiophyte
So I've been looking around for bookshelf speakers, bluetooth speaker, and cheapish surround sound speakers and don't want to waste my money or time on speakers that will break within months (and a lot are just out of my price range). My price limit is at $150 or so, so anything around that price range give or take $50 would be fine. I'm definitely open to cheaper speakers around the $100 range. With that being said, I'm just asking for product recommendations that are within my budget, thanks!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Do you own a receiver already, if you buy bookshelf speakers?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Do you own a receiver already, if you buy bookshelf speakers?
Agreed, unless you plan to buy speakers with built in amplification you'll need to factor in the cost of a receiver of alternative amplification.

Y

Yankees20

Audiophyte
Agreed, unless you plan to buy speakers with built in amplification you'll need to factor in the cost of a receiver of alternative amplification.
Haha, yes I would also need a receiver.

Y

Yankees20

Audiophyte
I have the towers, but there are also bookshelves. Highly recommend these at $165 they are a steal
I just need the bookshelves and receiver, I don't have much room for anything else.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I was gonna suggest the SMSL SA30 amp, but looking at his budget the Lepai came to mind. Those Yammys(wonder what is inside? they are long) look real nice they remind me of my wonderful NXG 4.1. :)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Look for used receivers on craigslist, and speakers too.

Those little tripath amplifiers are cute, but that's about it.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I was gonna suggest the SMSL SA30 amp, but looking at his budget the Lepai came to mind. Those Yammys(wonder what is inside? they are long) look real nice they remind me of my wonderful NXG 4.1. :)
Just for you - gee, those speakers look like my former ones

Y

Yankees20

Audiophyte
Well thanks for all the advice, this is really going to help me decide what to get!

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
The Pioneer SP-BS22LR bookshelf speakers are nice. So are the new Sony SS-CS5 bookshelf speakers. I have a pair of each and really like them both. I use the Pioneers at work and the Sonys on my office/man cave. Peace and goodwill.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis