HSU Research HIW-1 Horn In-Wall Speaker Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Hsu Research has always been known for their awesome subwoofers and built quality. But they also build very good speakers like the HIW-1 Horn In-Wall Speaker which is their first ever in-wall speaker. This speaker features excellent damping properties on the woofer, and a powerful Neodymium magnet on the tweeter. It's easy to install and is virtually invisible as it blends seamlessly with the walls and ceiling. This speaker is ideal for home theater use because of its high efficiency and high power handling. The 6-1/2-inch woofer in the HIW-1 features excellent damping properties, which helps reproduce upper-bass frequencies with utmost accuracy. Take a look at the following features and specifications. This may be the speaker you have been looking for. Do you like it?

SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Frequency response: 60Hz – 20kHz +/- 2 dB.
  • Sensitivity: 92 dB / 1m / 2.83V in Half Space.
  • Recommended Amplifier Power: 10-250W RMS Per Channel.
  • Recommended Impedance setting: 8 ohms.
  • Dimensions: 15-1⁄2” H x 9” W x 3-3⁄4” D.
  • Warranty: 7-years.
  • Weight: 5 lbs.
  • Designed and Engineered in the U.S.A.
Price: $299.00/pair

Click on the images to zoom in.
HIW-600.jpg
HIW-G-600.jpg
Note:
Hsu also offers these speaker packages:
Price: $579.00/Qty. 4
Price: $839.00/Qty. 6

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Neat thing about these, they can work as an in-ceiling speaker too, so if you want a timbre matched Atmos setup, it's easy to do with the Hsu speakers in any configuration.

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Neat thing about these, they can work as an in-ceiling speaker too, so if you want a timbre matched Atmos setup, it's easy to do with the Hsu speakers in any configuration.
Yeah, and you know that you are getting a quality product since it's built by a highly respectable company like Hsu Research.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
They look exactly like my new/used HB1 MK2. I need to hook mine up dang.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis