parasound halo a23 ps cap size dimentions needed please!

crippledchicken

crippledchicken

Enthusiast
Does anyone know the width, how tall and lead spacing/type of the Rubycon caps they have used in these newer year models? I was hoping to find some upgrade caps maybe Nichicon Gold Tune, Panasonic etc. I'm just trying to save the trouble of removing the top twice just to measure the dimensions. I was wanting to order them today if possible. Thanks! :)

J

Jodi Salter

Audiophyte
I was also searching for the same, searched many website but still yet to find.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
What benefits do you expect to gain by changing the caps? You're matching/exceeding all of the important specs, right?

FYI- if you're changing them because the capacitance is 40KuF, it's because they found that in some places, the operating voltage was at/near the WVDC limit of the original part. Since higher B+ requires less capacitance, they went with 40K.

Just curious, since I have an A23 and P5 on the way.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
What benefits do you expect to gain by changing the caps? You're matching/exceeding all of the important specs, right?

FYI- if you're changing them because the capacitance is 40KuF, it's because they found that in some places, the operating voltage was at/near the WVDC limit of the original part. Since higher B+ requires less capacitance, they went with 40K.

Just curious, since I have an A23 and P5 on the way.
Very unlikely that there will be much benefit. Perhaps better caps will have lower ESR, but the Rubycons are already good caps.

Will the change be audible? Highly unlikely. Will they be measurable? Probably.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Very unlikely that there will be much benefit. Perhaps better caps will have lower ESR, but the Rubycons are already good caps.

Will the change be audible? Highly unlikely. Will they be measurable? Probably.
Right- it's not as if they're in the signal path and this amp has a good amount of capacitance, anyway.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis