T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
Those T3's look great but I do not like the rubbery moldings around the woofers and tweeter. They cheapen the nice styling of the wood cabinet. The design of the spiked feet looks good and functional.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So the original one was called the Imagine T. Then it was Imagine T2. And now it's the Imagine T3?

The tri-wire looks pretty. I assume it's passive just like most speakers out (like the KEF 201/2).

Is the Synchrony One still the same flagship as the 1st generation or have they made any changes?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
So the original one was called the Imagine T. Then it was Imagine T2. And now it's the Imagine T3?

The tri-wire looks pretty. I assume it's passive just like most speakers out (like the KEF 201/2).

Is the Synchrony One still the same flagship as the 1st generation or have they made any changes?

PSB introduced the Imagine series with the T1. They then augmented the series with the T2 and retained the T1. Now they introduced the T3 and still retain the T1 and T3. I believe the T3 is to replace the Synchrony towers as I believe the Synchrony line has been discontinued.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Imagine T1 ~ $1,200 each, T2 ~ $1,900 each.

I think Synchrony One was $2,400 each?

How much is the T3?

J

jalesi

Junior Audioholic
I have some PSB B6 that I purchased about 1 year ago, still in the box. I also have a C4, because I waited too long to get the C5. It is still in the box too. I did open them and look at them, and they are beautiful.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow, just noticed the prices.

$7500/pair of T3 tower and $2K for the center speaker, which means almost $10K for the front 3 speakers.
I'm confused, why did you post this again after I posted about the X2T? You'll be happy to know that their MSRP is $1300. :)

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm confused, why did you post this again after I posted about the X2T? You'll be happy to know that their MSRP is $1300. :)
I just noticed the price only yesterday right before I posted. I always thought the T3 (replacement for the $5K Synchrony One) would still be $5K/pair. But then only yesterday, I finally noticed the price.

$1300/pr MSRP is a much better price on the X2T!

I'm just shocked the price went up from $5K to $7.5K when the Revel F208, KEF R900, and RBH SX-8300 are all $5K MSRP.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just noticed the price only yesterday right before I posted. I always thought the T3 (replacement for the $5K Synchrony One) would still be $5K/pair. But then only yesterday, I finally noticed the price.

$1300/pr MSRP is a much better price on the X2T!

I'm just shocked the price went up from $5K to $7.5K when the Revel F208, KEF R900, and RBH SX-8300 are all $5K MSRP.
I don't think PSB would ask for such a price if it couldn't deliver the goods.

Alexandrum

Alexandrum

Enthusiast
psb01.jpg psb02.jpg psb03.jpg psb04.jpg psb05.jpg psb06.jpg psb07.jpg psb08.jpg psb09.jpg

Hello everyone,
3db suggested I share some pics about the recently purchased PSB T3's.
Why I have chosen PSB's over something else? Here's a little background story on the gear I've owned over the years. More than 15 years ago, my first purchase was a pair of new Jamo's floor-standing (can't remember the model). The amp was a Marantz 1530L (used obviously) that replaced an amp that died (can't remember the brand or model). I've tried different brands that sounded closely to the old one that broke so I've stopped at the used 1530L Marantz. After that I've purchased the Marantz PM7001 (new) that I still use and a pair of Pioneer speakers. During all these years, I've listened to many types of brands and I always liked the B&W, and listened almost all of them up to the 802 Diamond. Wanting to upgrade the Pioneer's, I went to a random audio shop to see what's new these days. At that time I wasn't aware of PSB existence. In that room there were 7 pairs or similar size speakers connected to their central system. I couldn't tell which brands they were, but I recognized the B&W CM8 between them. I've listened to all of them, using my CD music. The nice thing was that they had some kind of switch panel and one could choose on the fly which speakers to hear. At the end, it boiled down to 2 pairs of unknown (to me) speaker brands and the B&W' CM8. I've closed my eyes and told the dealer to switch between the remaining 3 as I continued listening. Two of them sounded obviously better/nicer to my ears than the other one. I've eliminated another pair from the listening session (curiously it was the B&W) and at the end I've asked the dealer to tell me which one was speaker #1 and which one was #2. I immediately knew I like #2 but didn't tell him beforehand. The winner #2 was the PSB T6 and the other one was a pair of Paradigm (can't remember the model). I was a bit intrigued as I've never heard about PSB before and they sounded so much better. It's a matter of personal preference here. I did a similar listening session for some bookshelves and I ended up getting the PSB B5 for my small office room. Later on, wanting to upgrade from the T6's, I've auditioned:

-B&W 805D
-PSB Synchrony One
-Paradigm Signature S6

They all sounded very good, but different. I liked all of them and couldn't decide. No dealer had all 3 models on the floor so that I could listen to them at the same time. After a few weeks I went back to the dealer to have a second look at the Synchrony's but they already had a pair of the new T3's as demo. There was no contest now between the Paradigm and the B&W. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse and so I got the T3's. I'm driving them with the Marantz PM7001 and they sound great.

Some pics:
psb01.jpg
psb02.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Geeze the T3s look really nice and make the T6 look chumpy and cheap.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
After a few weeks I went back to the dealer to have a second look at the Synchrony's but they already had a pair of the new T3's as demo. There was no contest now between the Paradigm and the B&W. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse and so I got the T3's. I'm driving them with the Marantz PM7001 and they sound great.
Continue to enjoy the adventure.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis