Installing a Television Over a Fireplace

L

lavath

Enthusiast
wow... the first thing I think is too much white-ish paint. even over the bricks. sorry but I need 5 posts to show my home theater build page I made

G

Gabby

Audiophyte
I see this thread is a bit old...just trying to figure things out before buying and spending $$$. We are looking at a new fireplace insert (elec. or gas) to update our old wood burning fireplace. Then while we are updating get a flat screen and hang over the mantle ( as low as is possible) due to not having any other wall space the TV would look good on. My hubby is concerned about the heat factor and equipment overheating. I thought elec. may be the way to go. It has got to be better than wood burning...more a controlled heat.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
From my experience electric fireplaces are hazardous and woefully inefficient. 2 of the 6 that I have removed had large portions wire sheathing melted right off of them.
Wood burning fireplaces IMO are the best from a cost and ambiance perspective (provided you cut your own firewood :D), but have to be refueled and do occasionally smoke.
Gas fireplaces are the easiest, mostly efficient and cleanest. Be sure to get a unit with a blower as mentioned earlier in this thread.

G

Gabby

Audiophyte
From my experience electric fireplaces are hazardous and woefully inefficient. 2 of the 6 that I have removed had large portions wire sheathing melted right off of them.
Wood burning fireplaces IMO are the best from a cost and ambiance perspective (provided you cut your own firewood :D), but have to be refueled and do occasionally smoke.
Gas fireplaces are the easiest, mostly efficient and cleanest. Be sure to get a unit with a blower as mentioned earlier in this thread.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis