GoldenEar Triton Fives at CES

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I read your discussion that you had with him on this issue on the AVS Forum.

As far as not caring about people bashing his speakers I 100% disagree. When I had my issue with the delivery (sub issues) of my first speaker, I posted on AVS forum and the GE website, I was contacted by GE (via email) and Sandy (Via AVS forum) the same day. GE's customer service was emailing me on Sunday to make sure my situation was handled. To be honest, I was going to return the speakers because I was upset, but couldn't believe the level of service I got.

I don't know many speaker companies that give that level of service.
Except for all the ID ones....

SheepStar

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Wow all of them, thats pretty impressive!:rolleyes: You Exaggerate your comments to prove a point like GE exaggerates their measurements

I am pretty sure there is 1 or 2 ID dealers that are not the best with customer service. Tekton Pendragon comes to mind, so maybe not quite all :D

I don't use ID, so I will correct my statements and say many retail (speciality) dealers. Most ID dealers are small enough to be able to do that, which is great. The main point I was trying to make was that GE provided excellent support when I needed it, which compared the the Klipsch, Paradigms I have owned, and some of the other horror stories I have read int the forums, was significantly better.

Again, my initial comment was just to announce that they had released new models, wasn't expecting a two page debate. You have made your point, so until you can get the measurements you need this discussion is pointless. At the end of the day, for me, they are great sounding speakers.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Wow all of them, thats pretty impressive!:rolleyes: You Exaggerate your comments to prove a point like GE exaggerates their measurements

I am pretty sure there is 1 or 2 ID dealers that are not the best with customer service. Tekton Pendragon comes to mind, so maybe not quite all :D

I don't use ID, so I will correct my statements and say many retail (speciality) dealers. Most ID dealers are small enough to be able to do that, which is great. The main point I was trying to make was that GE provided excellent support when I needed it, which compared the the Klipsch, Paradigms I have owned in the past was significantly better.

Again, my initial comment was just to announce that they had released new models, wasn't expecting a two page debate. You have made your point, so until you can get the measurements you need this discussion is pointless. At the end of the day, for me, they are great sounding speakers.
Oh Sorry, I'm not done yet.

Manufacture specs for the Super Cube I 13-200Hz with no listed deviation. Actual measure response 30-120Hz +/- 2.5dB, with 78dB at 25Hz. Same story with the other models in the list. I don't know how customer service is relevant, I would be upset all the time because the manufacture lied.

SheepStar

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
No, and you probably never will be done, but I am:rolleyes:

I was responding to a statement to AudDeftTechGuy about not caring about people who buy his speakers. You just chose to interject your comments, sorry if it was not relevant to you.

You have made your points, I accept you have your opinion, in the absence of facts relating directly to GE, or actually listening to the speakers, you are entitled to that. Based on your experience with Def Tech, you may be right. I haven't had experience with Def Tech, haven’t demo'd the speakers, so in the absence of information, I have no opinion. You can continue to be a "wet blanket" (your words). I will just enjoy my speakers, and you can worry about the measurements, because I won't, I think they sound great, and apparently every review site I have gone to feels the same way. Definitely doesn't make me right, but I know I am not alone LOL :D

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis