Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I've been using NHT 1.5s since 1998 and still love them. I got a third pair off of eBay back in 2012 to move to 7.1.

I do kind of regret not getting a pair of 3.3s off of eBay this past month, but the person wasn't very responsive about the shipping costs and it seemed too open-ended to me.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
NHT makes nice stuff - I have owned 3 pairs of their speakers

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The 2 NHT I've always contemplated on owning are the Classic Four and Absolute Zero.

The Classic Four reminds me of the RBH towers in that you can actively bi-amp the bass. :D

The Absolute Zero had such amazing listening window frequency response measurement (+/-0.9dB) on Home Theater Magazine (S&V Mag).

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
I have been on the fence about getting a pair of Super Zero's for desktop use. Funning thing is NHT's home office is 25-30 minutes from my house. I like the fact they are sealed which should help being on a desk.

ecologydoc

ecologydoc

Junior Audioholic
I just received a pair of their new SuperOne 2.1 yesterday (for $120 each :D) and, ok, had them in a smallish room and I was listening pretty close up, but I was still kind of blown away how good they sounded. Much more bass than I had expected from that size speaker, and still the awesome clarity that I've come to expect from their designs. I also own their O2-ARC, Classic Three, Absolute Tower, and B-10d.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was over my brother's dream house about 2 weeks ago. Those little NHT SuperZero and SW2P (hooked up to the 50WPC Harman Kardon AVR that I also gave him about 8 years ago) still sound as great as they did 22 years ago when I first bought them. :D

ecologydoc

ecologydoc

Junior Audioholic
Which are my favorite? Whichever I'm listening to at the time! At the moment the O2-ARCs, awesome bass, clarity, definition, patio, leaves changing, sun setting.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Which are my favorite? Whichever I'm listening to at the time! At the moment the O2-ARCs, awesome bass, clarity, definition, patio, leaves changing, sun setting.
Enjoying nature, are we? :D

R

riker1384

Junior Audioholic
I have a pair of Absolute Zero that I use as computer speakers. Actually I end up using them to listen to the radio more than my computer. They're powered with a Yamaha Pianocraft mini receiver. Unfortunately I haven' been able to find a decent subwoofer small enough to fit comfortably under my desk.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have a pair of Absolute Zero that I use as computer speakers. Actually I end up using them to listen to the radio more than my computer. They're powered with a Yamaha Pianocraft mini receiver. Unfortunately I haven' been able to find a decent subwoofer small enough to fit comfortably under my desk.
How small? Like the NHT 8" subwoofer?

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
I have and have had a pair of 2.5i's for about 6 years, and I love them. As much as I want new speakers I just can't find anything that I think would sound better with out costing a ton. I've had a variety of different amps and or receivers and these sound great no matter what I throw at them.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have and have had a pair of 2.5i's for about 6 years, and I love them. As much as I want new speakers I just can't find anything that I think would sound better with out costing a ton. I've had a variety of different amps and or receivers and these sound great no matter what I throw at them.
Even if the "upgrade" cost a ton, it may still be diminishing returns to you. The more speakers you hear and own, the more you realize that there are just so many possible great sounding speakers. As long as your speakers fit your need, just enjoy. :D

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
Even if the "upgrade" cost a ton, it may still be diminishing returns to you. The more speakers you hear and own, the more you realize that there are just so many possible great sounding speakers. As long as your speakers fit your need, just enjoy. :D

Yes this is what my wife says o_O

SELMAN

SELMAN

Audiophyte
I just received a pair of their new SuperOne 2.1 yesterday (for $120 each :D) and, ok, had them in a smallish room and I was listening pretty close up, but I was still kind of blown away how good they sounded. Much more bass than I had expected from that size speaker, and still the awesome clarity that I've come to expect from their designs. I also own their O2-ARC, Classic Three, Absolute Tower, and B-10d.
Hi,can you do a comprasion between SuperOne 2.1 and Classic Three??
I couldn't decide which one I should buy?I think superone 2.1 better than classic3.
there are some youtube videos of Super Zero and classic 3.I like super zero sonics.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I couldn't decide which one I should buy?I think superone 2.1 better than classic3.
there are some youtube videos of Super Zero and classic 3.I like super zero sonics.
That's a big price difference there ($150 vs $450). Of course, if someone offered me any of those for free, I would take the Classic 3. :)

I would say the bigger 3-way Classic Three is better. But when using subwoofers, the difference may not be as "significant". The Three can probably play louder with less distortion, but if your distance is not far and volume not very high, may be relatively insignificant.

But overall, I would say the Three is the preferred speaker if you have the money. :)

ecologydoc

ecologydoc

Junior Audioholic
What AcuDefTechGuy said.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
Had a 5.1 system with 5 SuperZero 2.0s for about a year before changing out to klipsch. I actually preferred some of the blues and jazz vocals of the SuperZero over the klipsch. A nicer warmer tone to them. Still waiting to upgrade my theater AVR so I can put the SuperZeros up in another room.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Had a 5.1 system with 5 SuperZero 2.0s for about a year before changing out to klipsch. I actually preferred some of the blues and jazz vocals of the SuperZero over the klipsch. A nicer warmer tone to them. Still waiting to upgrade my theater AVR so I can put the SuperZeros up in another room.
So you changed from NHT to Klipsch? Was it because you wanted louder sound ? Definitely not because Klipsch is more accurate. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis