Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
OK, so I just got home from dinner with friends and drinks at another friends house afterwards, and he cracked open a bottle of Smoked maple Knob Creek, I can save you guys $55, DO NOT BOTHER TRYING IT, terrible idea to mix flavors made for sausage with whiskey... It was like drinking 90 proof jimmy deans breakfast sandwiches.. He was a good host though, he seen a lot of full glasses after about 15 minutes and said "this stuff isn't what I thought it would be" so he broke out a bottle of Woodford Reserve {masters collection} seasoned oak, nice bottle for washing that hickry bbq garbage out of my mouth, lol...

So long story short, don't bother with the smoked maple creed whiskey, its yucky...

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I've had a hankering for that 120 Minute ever since it was mentioned on here years ago. I figured it was worth a try. It's only about a 30-minute round trip to go there, grab stuff, and get back home.
I'm surprised it's even available out there. It's only brewed once a year and a pretty rare even here. Surf Taco is still holding on to a sixtel from the last batch.
If it's anything like here, it will be gone in a day or two.

The brewery increased their output ever since they expanded the brewery. So I guess that's how it's available that far west.

It's more of a slow sipping beer, usually a brandy snifter... you know, while craig7 or Doug rubs you feet.:D
High octane with lots of hops resin. Not a refreshing type beer to drink after mowing the lawn or vacuuming the rocks.

Let me know what you think.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It's more of a slow sipping beer, usually a brandy snifter...
I think that I remember you and/or others mentioning that last year. Hmmm. Maybe it's not for me. :) I'm sure that I'll still get one if I see it, though, just to give it a try.

The guy at Target said that he might be able to get some from his distributor as a personal favor, but he wasn't sure. It did sound like there was some to be had around here, but not much.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Because I've been whoring around on the Amazon Vine forum lately, I just started a "Really Boring Stuff Only: Vine Edition" thread over there. We'll see if it takes off. Probably won't. :)

My pack rat cage should arrive today, but I haven't seen the little guy/girl since early Thursday morning. Well, no signs of it, either. No damaged wood, no more of the garage seal chewed up. I did wonder if it was actually just trying to get out, so maybe it did take advantage of the open side door that I left open Thursday morning in case it wanted out. Yeah, like I'm that lucky. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice day today so I did some yard work - something still very new to me.

Got rid of pea monster bush with started to destroy my side of the house. Even tough it's a vynil siding - this pea crap gets everywhere including underneath them - it was planted only few inches from the side of house and had to go.

Also used for the first time my own corded Toro leaf vacuum/blower - it aint as easy, but im getting a hang of it

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Revolutionize that school, Fuzz, and give out computer-based assignments - then let the computer grade them. :)
I wish. However, until 100% of students have computers at home and/or we have laptops/tablets in every classroom that's a pipe dream. Plus kids are just plain lazy. Yesterday a girl asked me if she could get credit for a hw assignment she claims she showed me. I said sure, just scan it and e-mail it to me so I can double check you did it. She said she didn't have a scanner, so I asked if she had a smartphone. She did, so I said just snap a picture of it and e-mail it to me from her phone. She got mad, said it was ridiculous that I would ask her to do that since I had supposedly already seen it and she never did it. Who knows what sh!t storm I'd have if I ever asked them to do a computer based assignment where they'd have to stop looking at youtube/facebook/their phone long enough to click on something else.

It's been 4 weeks and I already sound like a crotchety old man :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I thought maybe having them do the assignments on the computer would be an issue - but you could still have a computer grade it. Scan them and use image recognition software. Or find some other way so that you do less of the tedious, manual, unnecessary labor. Come on, after all - laziness is the mother of invention. :) Plus, you could probably market your approach and make more than enough money to buy Dennis' speakers. :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I tried that Flipside when it first came out - not a fan. I like red beers, so I thought it would be great...but not my style.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I thought maybe having them do the assignments on the computer would be an issue - but you could still have a computer grade it. Scan them and use image recognition software. Or find some other way so that you do less of the tedious, manual, unnecessary labor. Come on, after all - laziness is the mother of invention. :) Plus, you could probably market your approach and make more than enough money to buy Dennis' speakers. :p
Well, ocr wouldn't work on student handwriting at all. But maybe fuzz could become a mentor to a student teacher and delegate the grunt work.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
One 90 Minute IPA down the hatch. Although I couldn't find the 120 Minute at Target, I did pick up another eight of those bad boys.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'll keep that in mind :) Anything to be able to buy more speaker related stuff.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, ocr wouldn't work on student handwriting at all. But maybe fuzz could become a mentor to a student teacher and delegate the grunt work.
If I wasn't a first year teacher I would totally take on a student teacher. Sounds like fun :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
For the first time ever, I went and added up the posts that I've had in all three Boring threads.

This post makes number 11287.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis