What are you watching tonight?

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
and Ghost in the Shell.
I watched GITS as a kids and it made such an impact on me that it's forever my number 1 favorite and everything gets compared to it. On a completely different subject, my other tied at number 1 with GITS, is Initial D (original series).

B

blcskate

Junior Audioholic
I used to like cartoons, I mean anime, when I was in middle school. :eek: :D :p

I also used to like playing video games. Must be getting old and serious. :D
For me it was the exact opposite. I used to watch only normal movies and sports. I then graduated to better stories, more in depth character development, and unlimited possibilities. Regular movies require happy endings, ~2hrs of story, and so many social norms that I just got bored with them. I still enjoy the big budget films from a technical marvel side, but the best and most engaging stories I have watched all come from anime. I am sure books more in line with my preference, but I can only read a book for about 30 minutes before my neck starts to hurt, and I am no speed reader.

I am 32 now and I only watch anime, blockbuster releases, and a couple discovery channel shows. Gave up sports since I realized I didn't enjoy watching them. It was a stressful chore more than a good time. I shouldn't walk away from my TV pissed off. :D

B

blcskate

Junior Audioholic
Watch the anime School Days. Don't look up anything about it beforehand. Just watch the entire series (13 episodes). Again be careful not to look up anything about it. It will ruin the show for you. Spoilers on this show are rampant on the net.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I used to like cartoons, I mean anime, when I was in middle school. :eek: :D :p

I also used to like playing video games. Must be getting old and serious. :D
Some so called "cartoons" I would not recommend in a million years to watch with children like Grave of the Fireflies

And it's not longer video games for me , but a sim racing ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I watched GITS as a kids and it made such an impact on me that it's forever my number 1 favorite and everything gets compared to it. On a completely different subject, my other tied at number 1 with GITS, is Initial D (original series).
It was Akira that changed me forever, but GITS is still a favorite. If you haven't watched the TV series based on the GITS Manga that came out, they are also really good. Worth owning. Apparently there's a final installment scheduled to come out this year too!

Some so called "cartoons" I would not recommend in a million years to watch with children like Grave of the Fireflies
This is always the first film I think of when people say "cartoons" since that one is a straight up drama and an excellent story. You get wrapped up in it enough that you forget it is animated because the story is so involving even though the story is so simple. There are newer ones that are in the same vein as well; a more recent one from Miyazaki is From Up on Poppy Hill - also a drama, and quite good. Not as good as Fireflies, but satisfying. ALL of Miyazaki's films are worth watching though.

I'm watching Sword Art Online (SAO) and am kind of disappointed I didn't check it out sooner. It looked dumb and even the synopsis sounded dumb (it kind of is), but I am fully hooked now. The stories are very good. I'm already 1/3 of the way through after just a few days.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Tonight going to watch This is the End

Last week watched:

The Boys And Girls Guide to Getting Down
-Entertaining and probably the guide kids should really get

Lost in Translation
-Had been a while.. charming rewatch.

The Fifth Element
-Forgot how much I liked this movie. Just funny/entertaining. Sci-fi that can appeal to non science fiction types.

Watched We're the Millers. Pretty funny as a matter of fact. Yes, Jennifer Aniston is the reason to see it and the story was dumb as expected, but as a whole it was pretty entertaining. I'd watch it again.
Yeah, I watched it on an airplane and turned out to be better than I thought. It's funny, despite some corny scenes.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The Fifth Element
-Forgot how much I liked this movie. Just funny/entertaining. Sci-fi that can appeal to non science fiction types.
Great movie! Thermal bandages...I don't know if I've ever hated a fictional inanimate object more.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Since we got a new 2nd sub last week, been watching Bing Bang Boom stuff...
Hellboy 2, Dark Knight Rises, Serenity, Avatar, G.I. Joe Retaliation
Have not been disappointed. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
This is always the first film I think of when people say "cartoons" since that one is a straight up drama and an excellent story. You get wrapped up in it enough that you forget it is animated because the story is so involving even though the story is so simple. There are newer ones that are in the same vein as well; a more recent one from Miyazaki is From Up on Poppy Hill - also a drama, and quite good. Not as good as Fireflies, but satisfying. ALL of Miyazaki's films are worth watching though.
Have you seen this one yet? - Garden of Words (2013)

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Watching agents of shield with the little fella :)

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
On my list. I saw Wolf Children and it was pretty decent, but the story is all over the place.

This one is on my list too: Amazon.com: Colorful: The Motion Picture [Blu-ray]: Colorful: Movies & TV

I'm still waiting for a release date for Evangelion: 3.33. Neon Genesis is one of my all time favorite series.
I have heard the name Evangelion before, but never got to a chance to see any - so I don't anything about it.
Where should I start ? with TV show from '95, or earlier than that?
"Neon Genesis Evangelion" (1995)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have heard the name Evangelion before, but never got to a chance to see any - so I don't anything about it.
Where should I start ? with TV show from '95, or earlier than that?
"Neon Genesis Evangelion" (1995)
1.11, 2.22 and 3.33 are remakes of the original series. They basically took a bunch of episodes and compressed them into a series of short movies, adding some cleanup and new digital animation, but the storyline and characters have also been altered slightly, so I'd start with the original series. The new stuff is cool, but not quite as intense as the original series. The main character is a bit frustrating IMO, but the battles and story are good. Seems like they kind of lost funding or something toward the end, so there's a movie that wraps it up called End of Evangelion. The movie tries to explain things, but sort of goes off the deep end IMO. It is a very odd series.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Not now, but last weekend I started watching the first season of Defiance (free on Amazon Prime streaming). Pretty good, but I sense that I'll grow tired of it soon enough.

I've been burning through the seventh season of Psych now that Netflix added it.

Yesterday was Frozen and Iron Man 3.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thought I'd give Man of Tai Chi a try. Reeves directorial debut.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, hopefully another network will pick it up. I always thought It was more of a cable TV show than a network type show.
Watched Charlie Countryman B- Some good performance from the actors. The story was ok.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Watched last night I Am Number 4 B- ok story, but Holy Moly workout. :eek: A must own.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis