Please upload articles before announcing them

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It's not uncommon for me to click a link to a new review/preview/article from an announcement in the forum and have the page not exist yet. It would be nice to have the articles ready to view before supplying a link for people to view them.

Yes, I know it's because I'm here a lot :D, but so are other folks. Just a suggestion. Thanks!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I do that all the time as well. Seems odd to post a link to nothing, even if it isn't for a long time.<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:165%;}</style>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
It's not uncommon for me to click a link to a new review/preview/article from an announcement in the forum and have the page not exist yet. It would be nice to have the articles ready to view before supplying a link for people to view them.

Yes, I know it's because I'm here a lot :D, but so are other folks. Just a suggestion. Thanks!
The articles are ALWAYS uploaded before posted on the forum. The problem is it takes a good 20-30 min for the site to cache out and update to show when an article is published. When this happens to you, simply take a break, go get a snack and come back and hit refresh on your browser ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Having the links work when you post them was just a suggestion. Not uploaded, not cached...same effect. :) I just mentioned it because it happens often. I tend to lose interest and never get back to read them. Not saying that does or should matter to you.

But, I might just grab a snack. Good suggestion. :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Having the links work when you post them was just a suggestion. Not uploaded, not cached...same effect. :) I just mentioned it because it happens often. I tend to lose interest and never get back to read them. Not saying that does or should matter to you.

But, I might just grab a snack. Good suggestion. :D
Not much I could really do about it other than posting the article and then going back and adding the forum link after it's public. That's more time consuming and you're probably one of the few forum Jedi that are affected by it :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Not much I could really do about it other than posting the article and then going back and adding the forum link after it's public.
That's fair. I figured that you probably just uploaded both at the same time and then moved on to something else. Thought that I'd mention it, though.

That's more time consuming...
But...isn't that what Steve is for? :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Looks like you guys might get your wish after today's problems.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis