Pioneer AVH-X7500BT and SPH-DA210 AppRadio Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
I got a chance to report from our "remote studio" testing out two of Pioneer's latest in-dash receivers. I'm looking at the AVH-X7500BT, that's a single DIN $500 unit that has a 7" WVGA screen that ejects out of it so that you can use the AppRadio apps. I'm also looking at the SPH-DA210 which has the same 7" screen and is a bit fancier model. It is a double DIN unit and has the omnipresent touch screen that lets you interact with AppRadio.

Discuss "Pioneer AVH-X7500BT and SPH-DA210 AppRadio Review" here. Read the article.

Last edited:
P

pnutbutter81

Enthusiast
I don't doubt the Bluetooth and app ability on this unit, but what ever happened to reviewing the video/audio performance? Maybe a test bench you can use for these to benchmark or figure out if they reach the same specs we look at for a TV? It seems more and more of your product reviews are becoming subjective instead of objective these days...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I don't doubt the Bluetooth and app ability on this unit, but what ever happened to reviewing the video/audio performance? Maybe a test bench you can use for these to benchmark or figure out if they reach the same specs we look at for a TV? It seems more and more of your product reviews are becoming subjective instead of objective these days...
+1 on that - it seems to be more about marketing these days.

Also, what about safe driving - look at some driving records from
having some toys in the car.

P

peterro9

Audiophyte
app radio with android

"You can use AppRadio with either Lightning or the older 32-pin Apple cable. Of course, Android works, too."
I have this unit (avh 7500) and how it is possible to connect to the android device, to use AppRadio? it seems to me that only works with ios.:(

P

pereze

Audiophyte
+2 for this. You even say "...4 x 50W per channel systems that offer plenty of amplification for your car." This is very unlike you guys to report on the MAX watts per channel. The unit is actually rated at 14wx4, which I personally would not define as "plenty". And for those of us that would like to add additional amplification, the unit has two 2v preouts which is not very good. I can deal with the fact that there are only two preouts but 2v is pretty weak.

I know mobile audio isn't what you normally report on, so I do appreciate you bringing this side of the industry.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis