Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I had my yearly physical last week and the doctor told me I was almost 20lbs heavier than the last time he saw me so I decided to also check out my BMI.

In other news I got the platform built, albeit it's a touch shorter than I was hoping it would be. The floor is uneven so the backside is the right height, but the front ended up being about 3/4" too short. I did not start the subwoofer yet.

I did not start the subwoofer because my little dog (who has a heart murmur and slightly enlarged heart) started breathing a little funny (labored) and he's been coughing and seeming short of breathe the past week so we made an appointment with the vet for this morning. The vet X-rayed him and said his heart is "significantly" larger than last time (May) and that it is most likely the first signs of congestive heart failure. Since these are the first signs, he's getting new meds (to add to the 4 pills he already takes) to see if it helps his symptoms and the Doc said we'll take it from there. The, possibly, good news is that if he responds well to the meds he could lead a relatively healthy life for quite a few years. He's 7 and the breed average is 12-13 I think, so there's a fair chance he could lead an "average" life yet (knock on wood). Time to go have a little Bro time with him and watch a movie (where I watch and he sleeps on my leg).
Best of luck to your dog... what's his name?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
How do you like your XT907?
My Razr M...It's fine. It can be a little slow at times but that's probably the games and apps I have on it and the fact that it's linked to 4 email accounts. I've been thinking on resetting it and starting over. I've had it for a year now...

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Hey Fuzz sorry to hear your buddy (Cooper?) is not feeling well. Hoping for the best!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Our miniature dachsund (MaddieMac) has had a murmur for 6 years now and she'll be 11 in March.the murmur grade currently is a 5. we let her get her exercice (walks and barn time) but she tires easily. They definitely like their cuddle time more so with these conditions and so do we. No meds and and she's doing well.
I wish you the the same joy and companionship that we've enjoyed with Maddie for a much better than average lifetime.
Cheers, Mac
Thanks Mac and same to you and Maddie. I think he's currently a grade 4, but there are some other health issues thrown in as well. I don't know if it was the breeder or just the litter, but we got two dogs from that breeder and litter and both had a ton of health issues, although Copper has had far fewer than Odie, who we had to put down at a little over 1 (we bought Odie, found out he was really sick and the breeder sent us Copper for "free"). I've had Copper full time since finishing from college and my Mom has two Caveliers, Mocha (black and tan) and Chai (ruby).

Best of luck to your dog... what's his name?

Thanks man. His name is Copper. One of his favorite activities is waiting until you fold all the clothes and then messing them up to form a nest for himself, and yes that is the brand new bed we bought him that he's resting his paw on :rolleyes: :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Important Breaking News: Kim Kardashian is back to dark hair. The world is right again.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Aluminum wrap underneath floor speakers for noise. Does it work? Me a and buddy went to a Bose store about 4-5 years ago because he likes the speakers and he owned a pair at the time and still has them. He asked the salesperson what can I do to reduce noise to my neighbor downstairs and he said just put aluminum foil on the floor and a towel over it. Sounded like BS to me, but he told me recently it worked for him. Thoughts?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I call bs on that one....

If you have a vibration issue, the best thing to do is absorb it and make sure anything that is vibrating is secure... I had a tenant that was constantly complaining about her upstaris neighbor and his tv, he only had a little sony subwoofer, but I wanted to make everyone happy so, I lined upa meeting between the 3 of us. I had him put his tv louder than he normally plays it and we went down stairs, the issue was she had some things vibrating in her home on the walls, some double sided tape on her hanging pictures, a piece of soft foam under his subwoofer {we dissected a couch cushion for it}, and a verbal agreement not to play the subwoofer before 9am and after 9pm {I bought him a timer for the subwoofer outlet, so it would automatically shut off after 9pm}. and everyone was happy..

It just takes a little consideration and attention to detail to cut down on the noise, but I have to say shiny foil to reflect sound waves and a towel to absorb sounds like BS when used in such small scale..

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You could make a hat out of the foil and keep out unwanted brain incursions by the government.
Tin foil, yes. Aluminum foil...no. Their new geosynchronous satellite surveillance will cut through aluminum like Alex through cake.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Tin foil, yes. Aluminum foil...no. Their new geosynchronous satellite surveillance will cut through aluminum like Alex through cake.
Hmm good point. Maybe if you wrapped your entire head with the aluminum foil it would disorient you enough so that you would notice any vibrations coming from your speakers.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Could you please refresh my memory - where are Philharmonics made? Boston?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Could you please refresh my memory - where are Philharmonics made? Boston?
MD. Dennis is in Bethesda, although I'm not sure if he's still using Del for the cabs. Either way it'll be in MD and shipped from Dennis' home in Bethesda. Thinking of ordering a pair? :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis